Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Digital Leica M9 vs. Bessa R3A 35mm Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew - nice pictures (they sure beat my dog-food and biscuit boxes Very Happy ) but on my laptop here the highlights all seem to be washed out. The shadows are all nice and solid so is it my screen that's telling me false?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Highlights Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Matthew - nice pictures (they sure beat my dog-food and biscuit boxes Very Happy ) but on my laptop here the highlights all seem to be washed out. The shadows are all nice and solid so is it my screen that's telling me false?

Hi Stephen, I normally expose roughly for the models skin so this can often lead to blown highlights elsewhere in the photo. I also do high key shots where technically the model will be over exposed but I just like the look. I tend not to follow all the basic rules and just go with it if I like the look.