Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Different lens, different time, the same place
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Different lens, different time, the same place Reply with quote

... and different processing as well.

The first one was taken by Helios 44-2 in April, processed in the Corel's AfterShot (gradual density filter, some plastic bottles cloned, and cropped a little), the second one by Pentacon 30/3.5 today, processed in RawTherapee. Both sharpened after rescale.

Michal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no sharpness Sad on these pictures and colors looks mutted, subject is trully excellent I think best to convert it to b&w

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Attila,
thank you for pointing out the lack of sharpness. Looking at the images again, I have to agree with you (and I hate to admit it Wink ). I may have done some stupid mistake when routinely exporting resized images from the Gimp, I don't know.

I tried to redo them both - increased saturation, contrast and sharpness a bit, and exported them directly from AfterShot . Is it better now, or still horrible?

Next time I'll try the suggested b&w conversion, but I must first learn it.

Michal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this revision works very well on second image , on first image still need to change light a bit to more bright an vivid just like second image or close to that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a simple midtone curve can do the job:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more better

Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh