Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Develop Agfa Scala as B&W negative
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Develop Agfa Scala as B&W negative Reply with quote

This Italian forum gives many recipes on how to develop the Agfa Scala (positive slide B&W) as a negative film.

http://www.leicapassion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6322

The interesting thing is that the results have excellent acutance superior to many normal B&W negative films, because the Scala film contains 30% more silver than normal B&W negative films.

Sorry the text is in Italian but you can help yourself with Google translate - and anyway the recipes are intuitive enough to be understood without translation...

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Scala still available?

Here I will spin my skipping record again.
Try rollei/maco IR 400.
no need to use an IR filter. Just shoot it at 200-400 and follow development times for Tmax with Tmax developer.
It's delicious:)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Is Scala still available?

Here I will spin my skipping record again.
Try rollei/maco IR 400.
no need to use an IR filter. Just shoot it at 200-400 and follow development times for Tmax with Tmax developer.
It's delicious:)

But does it look like a IR film? Because I don't like the effect of IR.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you to not use an IR filter it does not have the IR effect.
The film is sensitive to full spectrum and extends into IR.
I like it for the true and very solid blacks and crisp details.
There is no dye layer with this film. Printing exsposure times are shorter.
Also the effective use of contrast filters while printing increases.

Try one roll and see what you think. Bracket exsposures carefully where you are trying to preserve shadow details. As you would when using Scala. Smile