Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Darkroom temperature for printing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Darkroom temperature for printing Reply with quote

At current, my darkroom temperature is 25,4°C and there is not much hope that it goes down since there was 33°C outside until one hour ago.

Is it critical for developing prints that the chemicals temperature stays at 20°?

Because it would be a trouble to cool them down. My darkroom is tiny and I can not fit an air conditioner there.

Also, while on my Ornano stop and fixer bottles I can read the bath times, there is no indication on the Ilford Multigrade developer. Anybody knows how long the developing time for a RC paper in it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25.4C is ok, just develop a little shorter time.

Never really used multigrade but I should think 2 mins max. Is there any tech docs on their site these days?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go

http://graham.hopto.org/mflenses/ilfordpaperchems.pdf

I'd use the higher dilution or your dev times will be too short.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !!

I am excited ! Very Happy