Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CV Super Wide Heliar f4.5 15mm on Ricoh GXR M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Ricoh still is doing fine!
Since abt. one year I am also using a Sony A7 for it's "FF" sensor, but if it is during day and for optimal enjoyment the Ricoh GXR M still often is my preferred choice

in Bali:
posing by andreas, on Flickr

di Bengkel Susan by andreas, on Flickr

and back in 'my country' Austria:

Modehaus - 'fashion house' by andreas, on Flickr

Graben by andreas, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures in topic, Andreas, very nice Exclamation
Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful! It justifies my urge to get a Heliar!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serkol wrote:
Very nice pictures in topic, Andreas, very nice Exclamation
Like 1

thank you Serkol, and also for being the most prolific poster of images taken with the Ricoh, a camera that always has been loved by those who use it and ignored by those who don't Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zanxion72 wrote:
Wonderful! It justifies my urge to get a Heliar!

all 3 CV wide angles that I have experience with, the 4.5/15, 4/21 and 4/25 are very, very good lenses that specially shine with very low distortion. Mine is an early version, now there is a new version III which is specially designed for digital cameras like the Sony A7 series. My old version performs better on the Ricoh even than on Sony A7 in APS-C crop mode: http://forum.mflenses.com/cv-wide-angle-lenses-compared-on-sony-a7-and-ricoh-gxr-m-t74673.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allways a joy to see your various pictures!
Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all: clap hands for your images.
So well managed, composed, and very good choice (surely you made many of them)....really a pleasure to see.

I use sigma Dp-1 merrill, sigma dp-3 merrill, and sony A7 and a7r. These last ones with many MF lenses.
I used also 12 mm. Voigtlander (leica-m) and now I'm waiting for the 10 mm. Voigtlander with nex mount.
With 12.....excellent for b/w, not easy (for me, I'm not a PP wizard....) to manage colours because its strong magenta vignetting.
I used also a Samyang 14, less vignetting but with more distortion. 12 and now 10 Voigtlander (as I see on the web) are better
in resolution and optical quality than 15 Voigtlander....
My experience (my 2 cents): very funny and easy to use ALL (Leica-r, Contax-Zeiss, a loto of m42, exakta, olympus om and other ones) lenses on this camera, also with simple/cheap adapters. a pleasure to focus with magnifier, and very good electronic view-finder. I prefer colours from sigma/foveon.....but it's another question, and I repeat I am not a wizard with post production....
All the best,
sandro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice images, as always, kuuan. They really highlight the qualities of the 15mm Super Wide Heliar in a very expressive way.
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small
I have the last, third encarnation of this lens and at f/11 the sharpeness across the entire frame of the Sony A7RII is really good. This doesn't mean that the other f/stops aren't usable. The lens is sharp from wide-opened on all the frame but the extreme corners, which improve stopped down.
Used at f/11-f/16 the DOF is so extended that one doesn't need to focus the lens for the normal distances range. The best AF ever! Smile
The only draw-back is bit of CA at the edges - very easy to correct in Lightroom with the existing embedded profile.