Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crocheted Creations - Industar/Takumar/Helios - Sony a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Crocheted Creations - Industar/Takumar/Helios - Sony a850 Reply with quote

Anastasia (if you're not familiar with the name search the forum. I've posted many photos of her) has taken up crocheting as a hobby. She's new to the process but loves it. She asked me to take some pictures of her first set of work. She may try to sell them alongside her hand-made greeting cards sometime in the future.

MC Industar L/Z 2.8/50:

Super Takumar 8-Element 1.4/50:

Chrome M39 Helios 44 P-Coated:

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, very nice amigurumi, the bird and the dog are really funny ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very creative, good!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect color match!
Almost indistinguishable between the flowers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Great work!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! I especially like the bird Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the shots with the bee.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc. many many years ago, when I was in my teens, I injured my back and had to sit bolt upright on a hard chair for hours and hours. To relieve the boredom I taught myself to crochet and I've been doing it on and off ever since. Please tell Anastasia I'm extremely impressed with her work, it's very difficult to keep it nice and even like that - very well done.

Oh, I nearly forgot, the pictures are nice too! Smile Lovely Russian colours once again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous, simply fabulous, both of you, Anastasia & Marc!

I will second peterqd in being very impressed with the quality of crochet work here. Getting all those many knots identical in size and making all the rows of them even is terribly difficult, requires a great eye and no little skill in application! And only an Artist can make such designs.

Add the great Photography, the wonderful compositions of the scene elements and production, WOW, what a formidable team you make! Here's wishing you all the best!

I like and enjoy all of them! If I have to pick a favorite it is the Owl, and the photos of the Bee among the flowers. Buttercups? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that the photos aren't just on a white background, but are placed as though the crocheted animals were real and in their natural setting. Fabulous.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc, these are brilliant! The sausage dog one is hilarious, as is the owl Laughing

Glad you're getting some good use out of that Sony Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I will definitely tell Anastasia of all your praise. I'm sure she will be ecstatic.

Quote:
Glad you're getting some good use out of that Sony

I certainly am! I still shoot conservatively as if it were film though. These are 6 out of 7 total shots. Should probably break that habit a bit...