Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina 55mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Cosina 55mm f1.4 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it's the same lens also sold as Rolleinar 1.4/55?
The bokeh looks similar, also I believe that not many 1.4/55 lenses exist...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be getting great weather except us Brits! You have used the contrasty light to full effect on these shots, Attila. Number 15 is the stand out for me - great light showing off the textures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Yes, probably, both are excellent sharp wide open and produce perfect color and contrast I was amazed from both.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Everyone seems to be getting great weather except us Brits! You have used the contrasty light to full effect on these shots, Attila. Number 15 is the stand out for me - great light showing off the textures.

You are wasn't too lucky in this year as I know from Ian Sad This beautiful light and warm wheather quiet abnormal here too, seems we are one of the few winners of global warming, but we had much less rain than before Sad Forests are too dry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if my Tomioka 1.4/55 is similar, it has great bokeh, too.

Excellent series!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I wonder if my Tomioka 1.4/55 is similar, it has great bokeh, too.

Excellent series!

Probably all same made by Tomioka or Cosina and marketed under many names. Cosina can produce stunning lenses if they want, I think this is one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this series. showing a good lens.
Orio wrote:

There's also Mamiya sekor 55/1,4 which phisically looks like Rolleinar. could be the same one?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
There's also Mamiya sekor 55/1,4 which phisically looks like Rolleinar. could be the same one?

I think they are the same.
There was some threads discussing this lens/re-brands in pentax forums awhile ago. They are all producing the similar results.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina and Tomioka are both producers, so I think that we have at least two different lenses there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Cosina and Tomioka are both producers, so I think that we have at least two different lenses there.

Once Tomioka was gone , my Cosina used their name , don't know for sure.