Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax/Yashica-EOS-Adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Contax/Yashica-EOS-Adapter Reply with quote

Hi!

I've got one "C/Y-EOS"-adapter and one "CO/Y-EOS"-adapter.
With both I get infinity wiht most lenses, but the "CO/Y"-version fits much tighter and thus feels much better.

What are your experiences?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a silver Fotodiox adapter with no issues of a loose fit or not allowing infinity focus at least on a Planar 1.4/50 MM.

I only have that particular C/Y mount lens though.

For now.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio has similar experience not all adapter is good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered some from BIGIS to due a proper review here on the site (service, product, function)
I think adapter quality is a real problem as of late or maybe always has been
The Happypage HK guys are so unhappy with the supplier that they have pulled C/Y to Eos for now and stopped listing them
That says something as those guys are among the best of the bunch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same problem with big_is adapter. The lens doesn't fit tight. Help me, where can I buy a really good one?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax/Yashica-EOS-Adapter Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Hi!
I've got one "C/Y-EOS"-adapter and one "CO/Y-EOS"-adapter.
With both I get infinity wiht most lenses, but the "CO/Y"-version fits much tighter and thus feels much better.
What are your experiences?

The CO/Y fits better but the chip on it never worked for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this:

http://www.pebbleplace.com/Personal/Contax_db_Adapters.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csaba369 wrote:
I've got the same problem with big_is adapter. The lens doesn't fit tight. Help me, where can I buy a really good one?

Hmm, I don't have a C/Y yet but I've made an investment and bought one from big-is, so does this mean that not a good idea?
I'm selling big-is adapters in Turkey but I don't know much different mounts so no opportunity of testing, I hope there won't be a problem.

By the way a bit off-topic: AFC chipped M42 shows just f:2 at 400D and I can't change this value neither in M mode nor in the AV mode, what is the purpose of this and does this affect mettering of the camera? It was a Makinon 500/8 mirror so f:2 was a bit silly Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yalcinaydin! I've got only one CO/Y adapter from big_is, it is not correct. I mean not correct with distagon 25. As you can see in the previous link from me, adapter caused CA, no perfect infinity, left side is more blurry then rigt side etc. I think this one is not good, others can be better or not.

On 350D I use AF confirm chips with 1.4 50 values mounted with 300mm Tamron or 200mm Sonnar, no problem, correct AF. As 350D AF can be correct...Smile

I found this one on ebay. Any experience somebody?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140248477673

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem solved, Haoda adapter arrived. It's perfect...