Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax RX bummer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Contax RX bummer Reply with quote

This morning the camera arrived. Immediately after having mounted a lens, the mirror hangs. I look inside, and the mirror is protruding about 2-3 centimeters from the plastic shell. I think that previous owner has replaced the mirror with one that does not fit with the camera. As a result, nearly all my MM lenses from ultrawide to Sonnar 100/3.5 block the way of the mirror. AE lenses don't, except for the Tessar 2.8/45. Strange, perhaps the MM rear has elements placed in a way that interfere with mirror.
Anyway I had to send camera back immediately without having enjoyed it a second Sad The seller will replace the mirror with a proper one, at no cost of course. But it will take at least two weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it... but at least two weeks later you will have a good working camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, Orio, I sometimes feel I was born under a dark star
myself... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, these are not problems, real problems are others.
Just annoying Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you made the good choice to buy from a shop with guarantee!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, especially with cameras, it's important. In cameras many hidden things can go wrong, in lenses only few and usually visible before you buy Wink