Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax AX + Planar 50/1.4 MM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Contax AX + Planar 50/1.4 MM Reply with quote

Hi All,

My first roll of film EVER and I shot it with unrefrigerated and long expired film Confused

I didn't want to put these up but some of them are not utterly disastrous so here goes ->

some more to come later

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice combo hari-- the planar 50 and 85 plus the AX are really hard to beat! im sure you had a lot of fun shooting your first ever film roll with this cam! its a blast!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it´s quite a big camera for that tiny 50ish lens Shocked nice results!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
it´s quite a big camera for that tiny 50ish lens Shocked nice results!

This is probably the only 35mm film camera where the AF works by the film plane moving forth or backward Laughing

A side benefit of this arrangement is that it allowed the AX to feature a macro mode which worked much like a built-in 10 mm extension tube, allowing for a magnification ratio higher than 1:1 without the use of bellows or extension tubes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

A side benefit of this arrangement is that it allowed the AX to feature a macro mode which worked much like a built-in 10 mm extension tube

except it does not subtract light... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Hari wrote:

A side benefit of this arrangement is that it allowed the AX to feature a macro mode which worked much like a built-in 10 mm extension tube

except it does not subtract light... Wink

yes! and is a really underrated benefit!