Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contarex Planar 2/50 on M9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Contarex Planar 2/50 on M9 Reply with quote

The adapter arrived and I quickly tried it. I'm a bit disappointed because it does not seem to reach infinity. Also I'm a bit puzzled at how to manage the aperture values, the lens stops down to f/22 but the scale on the adapter seems to go further (?)
Anyway here's a quick test shot in my living room. Should be at f/5.6 or around. The performance is superb (admireable planarity) as it was to be expected from such a lens. The M9 digital high iso noise does not help the shot. Colours are fantastic - at least I know it can work great colour wise with the M9.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very realistic colors.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take this sample for your gallery if you like.
I am convinced that this is, if not the first, surely one of the very first images made with Contarex Planar 2/50 on a full frame digital camera.

I will make more. But at the moment I am talking to the seller, I would like to have an adapter that reached infinity since there are almost 20mm difference in the register distances, I know it is possible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!