Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contarex Madness
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, I'm no expert on old films so good to know that.

I imagine Zeiss would have sold many times more lenses if they had offered them in other contemporary mounts like Nikon. Then there would be a lot mroe of them for us to enjoy these days.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... in the years of the RF/Contax-SLR/Contarex a firm like Zeiss woudn't ever produce "universal" lenses, same as Nikon did.

Until Zeiss ceased to produce cameras, their lenses were produced for them only and for very few other camera producers, like Rollei and Hasselblad.

In their opinion the other firms, especially if based in the far east, meant lower quality and mass production.

History (and the laws of the market) decided that Zeiss adopted the wrong policy.

We can only enjoy, now, the unparalleled quality of those monuments of optics and mechanics.

E.L.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmar Lang wrote:

Until Zeiss ceased to produce cameras, their lenses were produced for them only and for very few other camera producers, like Rollei and Hasselblad.

And Leica Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true... perhaps, being myself a RF-Contax fan... forgetting those (few indeed!) Zeiss lenses for Leica was kind of a Freudian Lapsus...

Enzo