Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clearing Storm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Clearing Storm Reply with quote

I liked the light values in this clearing storm. I was finally able to exit my tent after several hours of strong thunderstorms. The Smooth Douglasia looked lovely in the saturating light.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another WOW again! Beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot showing the beautiful scenery you've got access to. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful use of colour and composition.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence
I hate being out of step, but this does not seem up to your usual standards. On my monitor the colours actually look a little "muddy" and it misses the clarity of many of your other shots. I dont mean sharp, I mean easily "seen". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the subdued colours. I can almost feel the humid in the air.

-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, like the colors, just a great comp, too! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Just another WOW again! Beautiful!

Thank you very much, Attila! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
Nice shot showing the beautiful scenery you've got access to. Smile

Thanks Jim! We are lucky here, there are lots of possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Beautiful use of colour and composition.

Richard, I appreciate the comments. The color was a natural, with that fine light in the air.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Laurence
I hate being out of step, but this does not seem up to your usual standards. On my monitor the colours actually look a little "muddy" and it misses the clarity of many of your other shots. I dont mean sharp, I mean easily "seen". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

Haha! You are NEVER out of step! Please always state your views, they don't have to always be meshed with everyone.

I am not completely sure what you mean by "easily seen"...perhaps that the colors might be sort of thin? The atmosphere itself seemed "thin" during this clearing. I think that has muted the colors down quite a bit.

I ALWAYS appreciate your comments, patrick, and I totally respect your opinion! Cool Do you think I might be better to add some saturation? I could try that, and see what you think. That's why I have the statement below in my signature line, I LOVE any and all critiques, so that I may learn. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I actually like the subdued colours. I can almost feel the humid in the air.

-

THERE [humid] was what I was looking for -- the feeling after this storm was "cool humidity", and perhaps that is what the colors are representing - not sure, I just know that it was a strange thing to come out of the tent and see this atmospheric condition to the light.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Agree, like the colors, just a great comp, too! Smile

Bill

I am glad you like, Bill! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Larry, which camera was this? I quite like the pinks against the greens but my eye is struggling for a lead into the picture, I feel as there needs to be a path leading to that mountain range in the distance or a boulder etc to break up the foreground. You were pretty exposed place for a thunderstorm!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Hi Larry, which camera was this? I quite like the pinks against the greens but my eye is struggling for a lead into the picture, I feel as there needs to be a path leading to that mountain range in the distance or a boulder etc to break up the foreground. You were pretty exposed place for a thunderstorm!

Yes, I was exposed. The storm came up very quickly and I was at least a mile or more from any cover. I set up the tent WITHOUT the metal poles, I just staked it down and draped it over me. Even at that, my ice ax was buzzing - seriously! Shocked

I think if I had to do it over again, I would go wider, and try to bring one of the Smooth Douglasia plants up close for a lead-in. I feel the same way about having something to anchor the scene a bit more.

This was the Pentax 645, hacksaw. I think I had the 55mm lens on it, which is equivalent to a semi-wide comparison to a 35mm system = 33mm lens. The 45mm lens would have been better.