Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Christmas Fest Planar 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Christmas Fest Planar 50mm Reply with quote

Hello to all. Latest shots, tooked today and freshly developed.

So basically as in all parts of the world, i'm sure you have one in your town, the famous Christmas Fest ( Foire de Noel in french ). Many people and plenty occasion to capture some moments , and here they are. I'll comment some Very Happy

Beginning with a bear ....

Classic photo shooterz ( compact )

I've been caught Very Happy

Ok here, there were 3 girls imitating chickens travelling in the opposite direction to mine, i said : damn and began to follow them, just in case. In the meantime there was a guy following them and mocking a bit gently, then they stopped, after some 200 meters, to end their show. I got close and thought that i missed some shots, but until i saw this : the guy mocking them handshaking one of the girls at the end of the show. He was harmless. Just for the story ( sorry for the read ) but waiting is sometimes great.

Near an artifical skating park, i liked this lady coat Wink

A guy presenting an owl, actually two, one was white. Crowded with people shooting and impossible to get close. But at one moment he came in the middle of the place, and voila, i got my owl shoot as well.

The stand of the guy above with a more than natural bear, actually breathing. taxidermed of course. So ending with a bear as well.

All pictures were taken with a Contax RX, using manual mode, film was Ilford Pan 400 most of the shots are f4@1/60. Scans from negatives of course, tonality put at medium for some. Comments, advices welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb hexi, good captures, nice tonality

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a very nice set this is. Great tonality.
The "I've been caught" and the Ladys coat are my favourites.
Thanks Hexi Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ladycoat picture is the best for me, it has a timeless quality, the others are nice also, good set and good B&W.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set. I like it very much. Lovely black and white tone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice street series. +1 for the "ladycoat", really's got something special.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx all, i've been very happy with the results as there was a very bad light this day ( taken in the afternoon ).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every image is a winner, superb set, Hexi! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness,

The very first one, and you capture my mother-in-law! lol

Doug.

Actually I don't have a mother-in-law as that would require

a) A wife

b) Her mother

but if I did.. with my luck... Smile Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series again. It seems odd looking at Xmas pics without colour.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i must be distracted by color Very Happy ... and b&w lets me focus on something else than the shiny things. thanx for the lastest comments, and nemesis i'm happy to have met your mother in law Wink