Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cheap Film Scanning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Cheap Film Scanning Reply with quote

Ken Rockwell is 90% of time a "cazzaro" (as said in roman dialect), a "sbouron" (in dialect of Bologna) or a "patacca" (in dialect of Romagna), alas a bigmouth guy. But this time something interesting could come out from him too.

Just look at the news on his site today http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm and you'll get an example of a 35mm Velvia 50 scanned by a US laboratory for a very honest price, 12 $ for roll.

The quality is pretty outstanding and I think our US friends could try it. I think I'd shot no digital for fun anymore if I had such prices here in Italy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap Film Scanning Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
Ken Rockwell is 90% of time a "cazzaro" (as said in roman dialect), a "sbouron" (in dialect of Bologna) or a "patacca" (in dialect of Romagna), alas a bigmouth guy.

Laughing
In the Parmesan language the word is " bagulón " or also " barbatlón " Very Happy
The subtleties of whose meanings being nearly impossible to translate in Italian (or any other common languages).

A G Photography wrote:
Just look at the news on his site today http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm and you'll get an example of a 35mm Velvia 50 scanned by a US laboratory for a very honest price, 12 $ for roll.

Yes, good quality, it could be worth using the service for the best slides.

(by the way, note the camera and lens used... Wink )

Last edited by Orio on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing quality!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap Film Scanning Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Yes, good quality, it could be worth using the service for the best slides.

(by the way, note the camera and lens used... Wink )

I noted it, that's why I posted Very Happy

For 12$ a roll I'd scan everything btw, also because he explained that the scan is so cheap because it's automatically made out of the just developed, uncut rolls.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had a service like that in Spain... the stealers here want to charge 1€ per photo (and for much worse quality scans) Evil or Very Mad
A G Photography wrote:
For 12$ a roll I'd scan everything btw
No doubt! I would scan everything and wouldn't have bought a scanner to scan myself