Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cats by 2 different macros
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Cats by 2 different macros Reply with quote

with Contax S-Planar 2.8/60 (predecessor of Makro-Planar 2.8/60):

with Leitz Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely!!...great capture the jumping cats! It looks like they were having their "mad half hour".
I like the first one as it is very hard to get a cat to pose...before they move off. Rolling Eyes The white of the cat is crisp and clean.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It looks like they were having their "mad half hour".

yes, definitely Laughing

mo wrote:
I like the first one as it is very hard to get a cat to pose...before they move off. Rolling Eyes

In my experience, it depends on the cat's character. Some like to pose definitely. Others always turn their back to the camera. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, especially like the cat on the car picture. They so love to get on
cars!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, especially the first shot.
Although it is no test, it would have been nice with some closer shots also with the Leitz, to be more comparable of the drawing style.

Cheers
/T

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get closer with the Leitz also, but the cats were of different opinion
Laughing
Anyway, the two lenses are excellent. The S-Planar has more contrast and it's probably a bit sharper also. The Leitz renders more realistic colours, especially greens are more realistic.
It's difficult to choose one over the other, really...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I tried to get closer with the Leitz also, but the cats were of different opinion
Laughing
Anyway, the two lenses are excellent. The S-Planar has more contrast and it's probably a bit sharper also. The Leitz renders more realistic colours, especially greens are more realistic.
It's difficult to choose one over the other, really...

You can never trust a cat Wink

I have had both at the same time, and sharpness wise I would say they were quite equal. I took many comparison shots, and they were both winners like every second image, so in practice it really came down to focusing accuracy. But I mostly shot wide open, it may differ stopped down. The CZ was perhaps a tad easier to get focus spot on with, can it be thanks to the flat field planar design?

Contrast better in CZ, but bokeh better in Leitz.
Both are a pleasure to use Smile

/T

Last edited by torbod on Sun May 15, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cat fight Laughing
funny pics thanks fore shearing (nice lenses too)