Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carnevale 2012 part one
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Carnevale 2012 part one Reply with quote

Unavoidable like death and taxes, here's my annual Carnevale series. Laughing It's my sixth in a row (seventh total if counting 2005). I begin to have quite an archive Smile
This year the freezing weather has seriously limited the shows, but in number and in partecipation.
Sorry that I could not make my usual presentation with frames etc., but I'm on limited time and after changing the OS, I still have to reintall my photoshop actions.
This is a first part, other parts will follow.
The photos in this first series have all been taken with Contax Vario-Sonnar 80-200
And, thanks for viewing Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.

Doesn't look like carnival weather to me. Why is your carnival in the winter?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was missing your carnaval shots Smile
Thanks for sharing,

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

Carnevale is always in the Winter. The words Carne Vale is Latin for "goodbye flesh" and it refers to the beginning of the sacred Lent period,
when you are supposed to abandon all meat eating and also all other flesh ehm... habits, until the Easter.

Of course, the Christian celebration (like all other Christian holidays including Easter itself) has taken the place of older pagan celebrations.
The Carnevale has an origin that is lost in the night of the times, and it was originally a rite of passage from the darkness to the light, and from the Winter to the Spring.
During the Roman period, it also took some sort of political meaning (the upside-down world, when for one day the poor were able to laugh at the rich without being punished).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy