Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carnevale 2011 - day 1, part 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Carnevale 2011 - day 1, part 1 Reply with quote

First show of the Carnevale today - unfortunately the rain came soon and pretty much ruined it.
Lots of Berlusconi subjects in the satyrical chariots as you would expect Laughing
I used 5D, 5DMkII and M9, with Vario-Sonnar 28-85, Vario-Sonnar 80-200, and Biogon 2/35 respectively.
I will only indicate the Biogon photos, indicating the Vario-Sonnar ones would take too much time (in most cases you might guess which V-S by the apparent focal lenght):

01. Local TV recording a report. This year's the 130 th edition of the Carnevale of Busseto.
It was started sometimes in the first half of the XIX century, but it was paused during all the following wars
(Biogon 2/35)

02. Two cooks showing their HUGE cotechino! They claim it's the world record of cotechino size. Might be true considering that it shouldn't be a food cooked outside of Italy (and mostly in the north only).
Slices of it were later offered for free to the attending people.
(Biogon 2/35)

03. A typical osteria of Busseto (osteria is where you mostly drink wine - in the past traditional osterie would serve only wine, no water and no food -
if you wanted food you had to bring it from home. Today most of them give you food and any kind of drinks,
although they would look at you strangely if you go there and order a coke or some water) Wink
(Biogon 2/35)

04. A cute hottie (first thing I noticed when I arrived Laughing )

05. Media centre Laughing
(Biogon 2/35)

(Biogon 2/35)

12. A tribute to Holland: a tulip family, inclusive of windmill guy Smile

13. Carrot people

14. Band of the marching dead

16. Neptune and friends

18. A young "new Italian" waving the flag. Our society is changing fast

19. boat "gun" action sequence Laughing

The other parts later, I hope you enjoy.
_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love 'em all, Orio, but the show really heats up from frame 7 onward.
Exquisite IQ and colors in spite of the light. I'd say 'well done!' but hell,
you already know that! Laughing

Thanks for sharing, now on to the second set. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic images with amazing colours despite the rain!!

Ans yes, she's a cutie indeed! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Fantastic images with amazing colours despite the rain!!

Ans yes, she's a cutie indeed! Wink

+1 Zeiss did solve fine bad light condition, thank you for sharing them!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Zeiss did solve fine bad light condition

+1000
This is the best thing about the Zeiss lenses in my opinion: they really make the difference in bad weather.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great colors & superb clarity!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:
Zeiss did solve fine bad light condition

+1000
This is the best thing about the Zeiss lenses in my opinion: they really make the difference in bad weather.

Yes, I saw similar thing with Topcor Navy 100mm lens. Rest of other didn't do their job same nicely than Contax lenses.