Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

carneval during the show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: carneval during the show Reply with quote

Nikkor 300mm AI at 2.8 handheld

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a big bundle to 'hand hold'! great job, would like to see more!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you "don´t forget " what you hold in your hands. I am positively surpised how easy focussing is, the ring moves precise with the small finger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did not choose an "easy" lens for this kind of event Rolling Eyes ...anyway, that's for sure great results especialy handheld, perfect focus and nice colors....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These photos are remarkably clean for a 300mm hand-held. In my experience, a minimum of 1/500 sec. is necessary to take acceptable hand-held photos with a 300mm lens, which is why I rarely use one in live events unless there is a lot of sunlight to allow that speed - also because 300mm lenses are also usually not very fast.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all comments
@Orio, i just bought it sunday afternoon for a reasonably price ( € 680.- incl. TC 16 ) in 2+ condition and wanted to see, what i bought. Normally here my 80 - 200 AFD 2.8 would have been the lens regarding distance and weight. Shutter speed was shorter than 1/1000 s
@pich900, still have to train a lot to reach your results with long lenses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
@pich900, still have to train a lot to reach your results with long lenses

thanks for the compliment Embarassed ..

Which cam do you use for this serie?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ pich900 D 700