Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 8,5cm f4 Contax 1936
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 8,5cm f4 Contax 1936 Reply with quote

Untouched NO PP
Last two are wide open

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, with PP results are lovely, I particularly like #4, there is a real, tangible sense of the light which gives it a dreamy atmosphere, just lovely.

Some film shots on my Kiev with this lens, I fixed the contrast in PP:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can see now why Zeiss developed the Sonnar Sad Too much air in the Triotar to work well without coating.
In the favorable light positions, the lens is nice, however Tessar is one step forward and Sonnar two steps...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Well, we can see now why Zeiss developed the Sonnar Sad Too much air in the Triotar to work well without coating.
In the favorable light positions, the lens is nice, however Tessar is one step forward and Sonnar two steps...

I think not really faulty if Triotar look uncoated look I have sonnar with T and produce this type of image, rather how much dirt inside, angle of light what you said. This Triotar is dirty inside a bit. I have Sonnar 13.5cm from this year not test yet I expect more less same image.