Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena el. MC Pancolar 80/1.8 (M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena el. MC Pancolar 80/1.8 (M42) Reply with quote

I can sell this lens, if is anybody interested.

Here are some samples:

f/1.8

f/4

f/8

Lens is in very good condition.

OPTICS: No fugus or scratches, a few dust particles, hair-thin cleaning mark about 1mm near the border of front lens element. This mark is visible only under very specific angle and doesn't affect performance, even theoretically. Optical performance is excellent.

MECHANICS: Focusing is smooth (I'd say it was relubed a few years ago), aperture blades are 100% dry and clean and works till f/16 without problem.

COSMETICS: Normal signs of use, a few minor scratches on paint.

Pictures of the lens will be available later or upon request.

price: €340 + shipping

I accept PayPal (+3%) or MoneyBookers (free)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fantastic lens, someone should buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no x
sent you pm re your listed sale lenses; did not receive reply. did you not receive?
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell: I'm really sorry, I got too many PMs last days, I probably forgot to reply to some of them Embarassed I'll redress it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I agree!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:

I agree!

+2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena el. MC Pancolar 80/1.8 (M42) Reply with quote

I'm interesting in your lenses,send me some pics about this lenses and sample please.

my email:soullivan@sina.com

thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Could you please post some pictures of the lens itself?
Thanks,
chris.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena el. MC Pancolar 80/1.8 (M42) Reply with quote

soullivan wrote:
I'm interesting in your lenses,send me some pics about this lenses and sample please.

thank you!

Is this means our forum accessible from China again ? Please confirm it !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ front/rear caps included

open in new window to see full resolution:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena el. MC Pancolar 80/1.8 (M42) Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
soullivan wrote:

thank you!

Is this means our forum accessible from China again ? Please confirm it !

yes,I cann't visit mflenses.com from china,only use proxy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody interested?

€335 + shipping

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Nobody interested?

€335 + shipping

............Don't understand why no people take this, if I had not spent the money on new camera and lens recently, definitely will take it! Good luck to this beauty!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the right buyer will appear. I'll not lower the price any more, I've just noticed, that my price is €150 lower then current ebay prices Rolling Eyes

Yes, this lens has signs of use, but it's in perfect mechanical condition and performs identicaly to an unused copy Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When focusing to infinity, will it hit 5D's mirror?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't know. I remember I found many mixed opinions. Maybe some 5D user will share his personal experience...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio have both perhaps he know it , but he has shaved mirror already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy does not hit the mirror on the 5D, or the 5D Mk II - but please don't accept this as the definitive answer as I have heard of mirror-slap problems with this lens and both camera models Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still available...

€335 + shipping

front cap, rear cap and hard lens case are included

I accept PayPal (+3%) or MoneyBookers (no fee)

EU shipping:
€12 (standard priority airmail, NOT insured, RMA not possible)
€14 (registered priority airmail, insurance covers only value of €30-35, fast delivery)
€20.5 (insured economy, full insurance, but slower delivery)
€21 (insured priority airmail, full insurance, fast delivery)

worldwide shipping price depends on location

//edited: RESERVED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that it's reserved. If the sell doesn't go let me know (PM).

Anyone, how does this lens compare to planar 85/1,4?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Planar, so I can't say. Some users say that nothing compares to Planars, some users says than both are the same level and some prefer the Pancolar.

I have Biotar T 75/1.5 + S-M-C Takumar 85/1.8 and I must say that Pancolar has smoother bokeh, sharper edges than Biotar and sharper centre than Takumar. But it hasn't the retro-effect of Biotar, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

igottofly wrote:
I see that it's reserved. If the sell doesn't go let me know (PM).

Anyone, how does this lens compare to planar 85/1,4?

If I know well many of us who has both lenses prefer it over on Planar including me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the M42 Pancolar, it does not hit mirror, I don't know about Prakticar version.

For the other question: both the Planar 1.4/85 and the Pancolar 1.8/80 are excellent lenses. I prefer the Planar, but I can not say it's better in absolute terms. I just prefer the Planar's fingerprint. The photos I took with Pancolar are impeccable but sometimes with the Planar I get that "wow" factor, that Pancolar does not give me.
Example:

The infocus/blur transition, the skin tones, the handling of detail in highlight and shadow areas... only the Planar 1.4/85 gives me this.
I have other great lenses in this focal lenght but this is the reason why I always end up using the P1.4/85 for the photo sessions that I really care about.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have the M42 Pancolar, it does not hit mirror, I don't know about Prakticar version.

I have tried a few Prakticar 80/1,8 with my PB to EOS adapter and there are no mirror problems with 5D, so i assume there are also no problems with the 5D2.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I fall in love. Superb picture Orio. =)
Lens must be really masterpiece.