Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 135/3.5 MC M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 135/3.5 MC M42 Reply with quote

I picked up this lens for $30 including shipping. The seller said the glass was clean but it has some spots on the coating.
All are shot wide open, 500 ISO, so a bit noisy. Just a quick test.

100% crop of 2.

I'm pretty happy with it and look forward to some serious shooting.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I have the same one. Not yet well tried out, though. I shot a few "quasi-portraits" with it and I liked them most in the b&w version.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any issues caused by the spots on the coating, hopefully it will prove to be nothing. Smile

Superb lens at a great price, congrats. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good. Show more later please

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lens...supersharp...
you got it for a very very good price!
I paid more than twice as much for mine two years ago and it turned out that some cleaning marks were on the back lens as well :-/ ...
maybe thats the reason mine has some problems dealing with backlight..?!?

CZJ 135 @f3.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my country cost is 3x more at least Wink Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's the best 135 in m42 - maybe only the later takumar 135/2.5 is better.

At that price is a great bargain, congrats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
For me it's the best 135 in m42 - maybe only the later takumar 135/2.5 is better.

At that price is a great bargain, congrats

Not better I had both.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mechanical? A lot of czj mc 135 lenses have that kind of problems.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 freaking dollar? I got my pentacon 135 for around $200...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon for 200$? Wow! My CZJ Sonnar MC cost me around 65 and Pentacons are cheaper here, it seems the prices vary very much with regions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, prices seem to vary a lot upon time & place.

For example, I have 2 Pentacon 135, a preset and an "electric" one, and I paid around 10 euros for each of them (well the preset one was supposed to not reach infinity while it was just badly screwed in the p6 adapter).
But I've been looking for a sonnar 3.5 for a while and just couldn't find one for less than 100 € (shipping included).

Anyway, despite having many 135, every time someone posts pictures taken with this lens, I start again searching for it on evilBay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
Pentacon for 200$? Wow! My CZJ Sonnar MC cost me around 65 and Pentacons are cheaper here, it seems the prices vary very much with regions.

eBay knows no region and there are plenty £10 Pentacons up for grabs every single day, you don't even have to make much of an effort. I got both my copies for less than that and I really can't justify the amounts of money some of us have paid for some lenses unless they are in pristine condition with all original acessories.

Anyway, this CZJ is my Nemesis of a lens because in two ocasions I lost in very stupid ways two copies for around £15 (+ shipping), one of which still in original box. I have given up.