Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss 35mm f 2.8 Rollei
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss 35mm f 2.8 Rollei Reply with quote

I've got a lens like this one below, taken from a Rollei SL35
http://www.ebay.it/itm/carl-zeiss-35mm-f2-8-distagon-prime-lens-fits-rollei-35mm-5d-mk2-DSLR-/300622142151?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item45fe79dac7

Do you think is it a good lens? Very different image quality from Zeiss T*?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Zeiss 35mm f 2.8 Rollei Reply with quote

sinner79 wrote:

Do you think is it a good lens?

Yes, very good, same as the one in the Contax line.

Quote:
Very different image quality from Zeiss T*?

To my personal experience: difference is there, but it's small.
T* has a little more resistance in the most difficult situations, such as direct strong lights in the frame.
In normal situations impossible to find a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you already have the lens, why dont you try it out? Wink
Also it cannot be that hard to find samples and opinions on google as most zeiss lenses are generally well covered. It would be more interesting to hear your oppinion on this lens. Smile
I really have no specific knowledge of this lens, however considering the fact that most zeiss lenses are (very) well regarded I can hardly imagine it to be a bad lens Cool

edit (tone of message was a bit wrong)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone seems to have heard your question btw:
http://oldlenses.blogspot.com/2011/11/carl-zeiss-distagon-35mm-f28-qbm-mount.html
He compares the two lenses, although not really using pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with Orio, i have this lens on my NEX and it is a perfect lens and imo one of the real price/performance winners