Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon nFD 50 f1.4 - customer copy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Canon nFD 50 f1.4 - customer copy Reply with quote

Hi to all

I have had a chance to try this lens and I must admit it's superb!

I converted this one to EF mount with AF chip..

I have had an experience with nFD 50 f1.2 but our member Koji says that the nFD 50 f1.4 is even better.. Smile

Well, that's true - I also have had an experience with Contax Planar 1.4/50 and I sold it (big mistake BTW)

I like Contax and Canon FD lenses - they're little bit different but I like them both.

NOTE: ignore the aperture f1.4 with all pics - that is the AF chip info as it doesn't reflect any actual aperture values.

Pictures taken wide open (f1.4):
5, 11,12,13, 14, 17

any others something between f2.8 - f5.6

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really great, but on the other hand all the lenses look great when it's you who use them Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the side by sides - it always helps to see a bunch of comparisons like this. Agree on quality, but also agree you should not have dumped the Zeiss (it will be the penultimate one of mine to go, just before the 25/2.8 Rolling Eyes )

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some heavy vignetting in some of those pics. Not a bad lens thought.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have the FDn 50mm f1.4 and can recommend it, not at any price though as stopped down and in comparison with for example a Hexanon 50mm f1.7 you can only see a slight different in a large crop.
Also there are so many posts showing results with a lens wide open and I often wonder who are these people who walk around with a camera with the lens wide open and who take close ups or macro with a lens not stopped down Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples.
I need to take out mine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It looks really great, but on the other hand all the lenses look great when it's you who use them Smile

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the opportunity to buy one of these lenses for 35€ but its iris is stuck (i guess it can be freed with some cleaning) .
Then, i'll have to convert it to EF somehow.
Now, i know you got a business but it seems a bit of an overkill to send this lens over to you. I would do it if it was an L or a pricier lens but i would love to try and convert myself.
Just a question, is it hard to convert from your point of view? Smile