Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Magnifier R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Canon Magnifier R Reply with quote

I just won a Canon R Magnifier for $5. I did an internet search and found a guy that is using one on a Canon EOS 10D, like mine, for macro.
If I understand right it just magnifies the center not the whole veiwfinder.
Is anyone on here using one on there DSLR?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received it today, but just walked in the house. Another busy day.
I did do a really quick test, I think with a little practice it will be great.
I will try to do a reveiw in the next few days.
Here is a quick shot. Just a teaser shot.
Canon 10D with Canon Magnifier R. Lens is Yashica 50 1.7 DSM. Shot is wide open, resized no PP. I don't think it will take me very long to get up to speed with this setup. Not dead on with my first try, but the difference in what I can see thru the veiwfinder is incredible.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a magnifier with my E-300 and it really helped a lot with MF lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased one but I forgot to check the version and I bought the wrong one, the R(ound) instead of the S(quare) and it will not fit modern Canon bodies, I'll have to figure out a way of using it. Bah.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Magnifier S which I use with my Canon EOS 10D. It magnifies the central area of the screen and makes focusing a breeze for macro work!

I also use this one with my Spotmatics.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I have the Magnifier S which I use with my Canon EOS 10D. It magnifies the central area of the screen and makes focusing a breeze for macro work!

[pic]

I also use this one with my Spotmatics.

[pic]

Laughing I use the Pentax magnifier on all my Canon EOS cameras. Wink Perfect fit...