Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS Film Camera Owners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EOS 620 and 50 are in regular use; my 5D is the backup to these Laughing . T90 is similar to handle to the 620, but very different to use (and obviously not an EOS). My EF-M is now an ornament that I really should sell.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EOS 600 ( 630 ) has been with me for a long time, but hasn't been used since about 2002 when I went digital with a Canon G3. But I've just put a battery in it, discovered that I have a T2 adapter so I can use my Soligors ( 35, 135, 200 & 300 ) on it, and cleaned a tiny bit of gink off the shutter.
The only decentish af lens I've got is a Tamron 24-70 Aspherical, which I preferred over the Canon kit lens of the day.

I loved this camera, and when it was in a bag that fell off the roof of my old Range Rover, then when I heard the bang I reversed and parked on the bag, I was a bit upset. Evil or Very Mad But I was insured for new for old, so the insurance company told me to go and buy a new camera and lenses. The 600 was by then discontinued, and I didn't like the replacements at all. So they paid to have it repaired, and I was more than happy.

Playing around with it now I think I'll manage to focus with the standard screen, it's so clear. And set on AV I'll just set the f value the same on the camera as the lens and let the camera set the speed.

I've got some Fujicolor 200 sitting on the desk, I think I'll have a play this week. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The only decentish af lens I've got is a Tamron 24-70 Aspherical, which I preferred over the Canon kit lens of the day.

I have one of those lenses I bought new in 1994. I decided on the Tamron for two reasons: I had had good experiences with adaptall-2 lenses so I figured a Tamron AF lens, especially an aspherical, would be a good one; and I just wasn't willing to pay the price for the new Canon equivalent. The Tamron's been a solid performer over the years -- no complaints. I use it with my Elan IIe, which doesn't get out as much as it should. These days, when I'm shooting film, I usually reach for my old manual focus gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the two Canon EOS 1n's I bought for $100 each from the same seller. Both
have the HS grips that use 8 AA's and the second one he sent a bonus grip that uses both
lithium and AA's.

this is from a test roll from the 2nd body, both perform without issues:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6709068227_aa7f286019_o.jpg

Using the EF 50/1.8 II (need to buy some adapters), Arista 200 (Fomapan) at 200,
Rodinal stand for 58 mins, 1:100, 18C, 400ml of developer

The 100% VF is a joy, and diopter adjustment is a definite plus.

Last edited by Katastrofo on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lovely camera Bill - Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, thanks, love the styling with the grip, looks like something Batman would use. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nailed the exposure, and the developing was right on too. Very smooth grain, great detail. Man-o-man, I'd love to fall into a deal on just one EOS 1n at that price. Cool

That nifty-fifty does a pretty good job, don't it? As I'm sure you know, it's popular for EOS DSLRs, especially the APS-C ones cuz it winds up being a portrait focal length -- and a fast one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, CT, had the camera in Av mode with spot metering, really pleased with how it handled
the light. Scan was 2400dpi on my Epson 4490. Thinking I'll start sending my 35mm negs to Ron
to scan on that fancy Canon FS 4000 (like has nothing better to do Laughing ).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOS3 + PB-E2 grip.

Only thing I'm not keen on is the hair-trigger release on the grip which gives you 36 frames of your foot in 5 seconds flat if you're not careful...

Oh and the whisper quiet shutter... Laughing

Actually I like it a lot. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOS 1N and battery grip and love everything about it. Laughing