Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS 6D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Canon EOS 6D Reply with quote

Canon are rumoured to be announcing their budget ff cam tomorrow...fingers crossed for a model with changeable focus screens.

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The detailed spec is in here on dpreview http://www.dpreview.com/products/can,on/slrs/canon_eos6d . Hope the new camera will get a interchangeable focus screen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's now announced...60D style body with ff sensor and it takes an eg-s screen! Perfect!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
It's now announced...60D style body with ff sensor and it takes an eg-s screen! Perfect!

Yes, it feels much better than the overpriced 5D MkIII.
GPS is also very welcome for me.

But will the sensor be good enough for 2012?
4MP more or less is not a big deal for me, but it is 4+ years after the 5D II.
This clearly shows that Canon has hit a limit in sensor noise improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikos wrote:

But will the sensor be good enough for 2012?
4MP more or less is not a big deal for me, but it is 4+ years after the 5D II.

In the review it says it's a new generation sensor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the look of this camera and it has stopped me panicking about buying a brand new 5D II, before stocks run out. The changeable focusing screen was the deal breaker for me with the 5D III, so I now have two options.

I think I'll buy a lightly used 5D II for my Australia holiday next year, and possibly replace it with the lighter 6D once the price comes down Smile Yay!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is that according to dpreview only the center focus point is cross type. I realize this is not so critical when using manual focus lenses, but I also have EF lenses that I use on a regular basis. My 5yr old 40D has 9 cross type sensors. I understand not giving the "budget" full frame too many features so as not to compete with the 5D III, but come on, only 1 cross type sensor in 2012?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
My concern is that according to dpreview only the center focus point is cross type. I realize this is not so critical when using manual focus lenses, but I also have EF lenses that I use on a regular basis. My 5yr old 40D has 9 cross type sensors. I understand not giving the "budget" full frame too many features so as not to compete with the 5D III, but come on, only 1 cross type sensor in 2012?

I guess there will be a 6D MK II with more cross type sensors when the 5D MK IV is out. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems a bit stingy but at least it focuses at -3.0EV Shocked

I'm leaning towards a 6D now as it will be lighter, and I'll be using the big white guns on my 60D which sounds like it will have a better focusing system (and crop, of course).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First samples are up, and as always the Canon JPGs look awful!

Interesting though is the still life samples at DP Review. Forgetting for a moment that they are JPGs, the 6D images look miles better than the 5D III images at ISO 51200 and higher Cool

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/canon-eos-6d-beta-preview-samples-gallery#page=3

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-low-light-iso-samples