Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canadian Contrasts, My visit to Canada PIC HEAVY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Canadian Contrasts, My visit to Canada PIC HEAVY Reply with quote

Well i have been away in Canada for 2 weeks and after getting back i thought i may post some images.
I took the following
Sony A55 with Tmron 17-50 F2.8 and Tamron 70-300
Sony Nex (Sigma 30mm)
No MF lenses as i had to keep weight down and some of the sites i did not get much time to shoot.
So the itinarary was
Toronto, Niagra, Kingston, Ottowa, Montreal, Toronto, (flight) Calgary, Banff, Kamloops, Whistler, Vancouver.
On coach, had a fantastic time and learnt lots.
Even survived walking in to a bear in Whistler that was an experience.Lol
Took over 1600 photos so here are just 34
And sorry for the pic heavy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, lovelyshots! i love canada. as we live about 5 hours frim montreal, we visit often. i see you were also in toronto and quebec city, as well as lake louise? toronto is definitely the 'runt' of the litter, but the rest, wow!

how did you like the tamron 17-50?
tony

Last edited by rbelyell on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto, was not so nice, i like the parts of toronto that have not been destroyed, Rosehill (i think that was its name or Rosevalley) Cabagetown, the old victorian houses where nice, but skyscrapper Toronto horrible, Vancouver shocked me as to the homeless and mentally disturbed there.
Quebec and Montreal full of rude frenchies. But lovely.
The tamron 17-50 i find a strange lens, some days i love it and others i loathe it.
For example in good sun you get great contrasty images with lots of 3d pop, bit of grey and dull and images are washed out and bad.
I think for 17mm its great and the price is very good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Toronto, was not so nice, i like the parts of toronto that have not been destroyed, Rosehill (i think that was its name or Rosevalley) Cabagetown, the old victorian houses where nice, but skyscrapper Toronto horrible, Vancouver shocked me as to the homeless and mentally disturbed there.
The tamron 17-50 i find a strange lens, some days i love it and others i loathe it.
For example in good sun you get great contrasty images with lots of 3d pop, bit of grey and dull and images are washed out and bad.

Shocked .......I must say I'm really shocked with what you said Confused ... Canadian ("frenchies" and all others) are such lovely and friendly peoples .......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:

Rosedale? You have expensive tastes Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series eddieitman!
I don`t see any picture from Montreal though.
What did the ``frenchies `` told you that you`re so pissed off?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, what a trip, great you collect 1600 pics

Pascal wrote:
Shocked .......I must say I'm really shocked with what you said Confused ... Canadian ("frenchies" and all others) are such lovely and friendly peoples .......

yes they are lovely, but they eat frogs Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Laughing .....nobody is perfect Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
poilu wrote:

We also eat frogs here Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
poilu wrote:

first times I was in Paris, I found people in bar and restaurant rude, then some years later they get so kind I could not believe it
the secret, cameras everywhere, if you don't smile, you are fired, personally I prefer rude than false smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch why OP found the ``frenchies`` rude but I`ll wait for him to chime in before I made any comments in that regard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we went to a bar and asked for some food bar was empty the best seat they could find was next to toilets, no problem
Ordered 2 burgers and drinks they took 45 mins to deliver them cold and covered in salt other locals had come in after us had food on table in under 10mins
Then at the end i added no tip and she proceeded to insult me for not tipping
St patrics irish bar in quebec

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You`ve spoken english with them I presume?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series, a little bit of everything (urban, nature, wildlife etc.)

Quite a story there. You'll find rude people all over the world, I guess you was unlucky.
All Canadians I have met have been very nice and polite (both English and French)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Ok we went to a bar and asked for some food bar was empty the best seat they could find was next to toilets, no problem
Ordered 2 burgers and drinks they took 45 mins to deliver them cold and covered in salt other locals had come in after us had food on table in under 10mins

I use to live in Portland ME and I've been in Quebec several times without any single troubles with "frenchies", but may the reason is because I'm also a "frenchie" Rolling Eyes ...like said Nordentro, rude people can be find all over the world......

Anyway, nice trip and some great pictures from this beautiful land.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:

Have you seen those CCTV programmes on TV where waiters have "gobbed" into salads or sandwiches Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of how proud they are of the french and my french is poor so i always great them in french with what a french speaking friend told me and it normally opens the doors as they laugh and then help you.
Je suis désolé mon français est aussi bon que un âne espagnol, Parlez-vous anglais ou en espagnol?
Translated that is
I am sorry my french is as good as a Spanish Donkey, Do you speak English or Spanish?

Himself, there is two pictures from Montreal the Cathedral/Church ones, I have to say that is one of the most beautiful i have seen in the World

Thank you all for the comments.
TBF most people in Montreal and Quebec where nice just the people we ran in to there, And i always try to use my little french even though it is bad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:

Same here. Sometimes the best you can do with pictures taken on a cloudy day is to turn them into B&W. Still it's my no.1 on a packing list.
How do you find your Tamron tele at over 200mm?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena, the 70-300 at over 250 is very soft, with purple being the main colour it will take, all in all for the price and weight its ok, i much prefer my beercan even though its only 210mm, but the weight is the killer