Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cameras m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estudleon, my commiserations!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to share the pain... they stolen my photo equipment twice.

First time they stolen it together with my car, I had my car parked in a commercial centre with all my photo equipment inside.
Police told me they brought it to Albania but were unable to do anything about it.

Second time they stolen it in London, I was sitting on a bench in a small park between the Victoria Station and Grosvenor Place. It was enough that I was distracted 30 seconds and my photo bag was gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I see that you have the SMC taK 50/1,8 and the MC pancolar 50/1,8 too. Which is better for you?

This isn't easy to answer as I haven't used the Takumar 1.8/55 very much. A very quick bookshelf test 18 monts ago put it below the Pancolar, but I'm beginning to think it deserves looking at again now I have a camera waiting for it. On the 400D I preferred 50mm to 55mm.

I did a better comparison between the Pancolar and a Super-Tak 1.4/50 (with the Thorium element) but I can't find the pics now. I remember it was very difficult to find any difference in resolution and bokeh, and the colours are very similar too. I like the handling of the bigger Pancolar a little better and the Tak doesn't stop down fully on my adapter so I have to use the A-M switch. I'll let you know about the 1.8/55 when I've given it a run.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo
Thanks. Regards.

Orio.

I'm so sorry.

peterqd

Thanks. Regards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estudleon got a Praktica TL3 (uk version of TL1000) if you want it solid enough and takes any m42 lens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall

Thanks, very much

I bought to a user (in the shops, here, NOTHING CAMERA) two Fujicas. Not bargains, but.......

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way to use M42 : fujica bayonet mount bodies "X" series, with the x-M42 adapter which transmits the diaph , like the rollei adapter. THe Ax bodies permits the automatic exposure with M42 . Unfortunately , my ax copy is out of order (condenser, very tricky to replace it) . Ax bodies are not very sought after and are low-priced, and often you'll get a complete kit with fujinon-x lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios

Thanks, very much.

It's a nice way, and cheap Laughing , I will look for one of this. And the Rollei version of the option is very interesant too.

Regards.