Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera bag
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Camera bag Reply with quote

I need to find a big bag for my gears, space for 3-4 for cameras and 5-10 lenses + tripod. I think about simple hiking bag and use seperate cases for all items. Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Separate cases are a good idea when you work in a hurry. Like it happens to me for instance in situations like the palio, where I have to change lenses fast and I am in the middle of a crowd. So I just put lenses in the separate boxes without caring for if they have lens caps or not. The velvet interior of the cases is not going to do any damage to the glass.

The negative side is that when you have a lot of lenses and cameras in one bag, the bag can become really messy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten has the niftiest bag I've seen so far. But I think it only holds two
cameras, plus a bunch of lenses, flash, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Laughing

This has to be a huge bag, Attila!
The Samsonite Trekking is a backpack that could hold 4 cams and about 8 lenses.
At the moment I perfer the Crumpler SevenFifty Daily XXL, because it's a bag and not a backpack, so access it faster and still I manage to get two EOS bodies and about 8 lenses inside.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just for transporting your gear or or for having it ready for use? Seems quite a lot of stuff to have at the ready. I usually use two, one for storage which stays in the car or with an 'assistant' ( Laughing ) and one for stuff at the ready - which is either a hadley or a sling type back pack.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good to you?

http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct.html?tablename=domke&itemnum=700-10S

I love Domke bags - they're really lightweight which means you can carry more without falling over Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one bag will ever suffice Attila.

I have two Lowepro Commercial AW bags, a Slingshot 300AW, a Pro Trekker AWII, a Bundeswehr mountain rucksack and general pouch + shoulder strap which can also go on webbing similar to the Molle system.

My Bessaflex TM kit lives in one of the Commercials, the P6 kit in the other, the Canon AF stuff lives in the Slingshot, the Yashica 635 TLR in the German general pouch, the RB kit lives in either the Pro-Trekker or mountain rucksack and they are also used for decanting purposes when I don't need the whole lot.

As a rule, and depending on where I'm going and for how long, I may well take everything but I certainly don't carry everything - instead decanting gear as necessary from the other bags into either the Pro-Trekker or mountain rucksack.

One last thing - don't go for the biggest bag you can find as you WILL be tempted to fill it when you notice that you've got space for "that extra lens".

Then you try carrying it... Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:

Laughing

This has to be a huge bag, Attila!
The Samsonite Trekking is a backpack that could hold 4 cams and about 8 lenses.
At the moment I perfer the Crumpler SevenFifty Daily XXL, because it's a bag and not a backpack, so access it faster and still I manage to get two EOS bodies and about 8 lenses inside.

i also use this bag. and i use it not only for photo issues. it's my all day bag. i love the photo inlay...!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey , many thanks for lot of useful idea!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That many cameras and lenses, you'll need one of these
http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?p_Id=18&Version=Video

Shocked

I'm guessing it wont be cheap.

You could get neoprene cases for each item, but than they be bouncing around, camera failures are a possibility. Also getting to the cameras and lenses will be a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that KATA bag is HUGE. I am sure it can hold more that Attila's max of 4 bodies and 10 lenses.

This past weekend, I fitted a TLR, Yashica RF, 20D. 500D, CZ VS 35-70 (mounted), Planar 50, 18-55 kit lens and Zuiko 21 in Crumpler 7 Million Dollar bag. That's 4 bodies and 4 lenses [7 if you count tlr and fixed RF Smile ] Attila's requirement is a little more that mine.

From that experience. I can definitely agree with Carsrten's suggestion as the Crumpler SevenFifty Daily XXL is bigger than my 7 Mil. And most importantly, the padding on the Crumpler is 1st class.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you like Lower Pro you can buy CompuTrekker but if you want diffrent you should looking for Naneu Bags Sahara . This is a very good bag for all kinds of weather Smile