Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brixellum preview
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the pixel peepers (and the belly peepers also Laughing ) here's some detail. Here is a whole picture:

And here's some details. Keep in mind that it's a 400 ISO on a 400D (noisier compared to the 5D,so part of resolution is lost, especially the subtleties of the skin) and that the dancer was moving very fast, so following with manual focus was difficult and necessarily imprecise (prefocusing technique in this case is not useful because the dance movements are for most part unpredictable):

-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice crop
but the last one break all the magic Mad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice crop
but the last one break all the magic Mad

Laughing well, maybe better the depilation than hairy armpits, no? Wink
P.s. note there is another photographer Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice serie !

We have here the same kind of representation at the end of August (with people coming from all of Europe, including Italy) ... I hope your dancers will come one day to little Belgium Wink

I have a few pics of roman legionnaire but alas, taken with AF, so persona non grata Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures again Orio, you have a magic touch.

The English word for a Terrapieno is a bank or embankment (of earth). The sloping parts of a football or other stadium where spectators stand to watch are "the terraces".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Really nice serie !
We have here the same kind of representation at the end of August (with people coming from all of Europe, including Italy) ... I hope your dancers will come one day to little Belgium Wink

Write to them! Or even better, contact the organizer of your event and ask them to contact them. This is their website:
http://www.gruppodanzeantiche.it/

Jieffe wrote:
I have a few pics of roman legionnaire but alas, taken with AF, so persona non grata Wink

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Beautiful pictures again Orio, you have a magic touch.
The English word for a Terrapieno is a bank or embankment (of earth).

Thanks Peter. It's frustrating not having the command of the words of a language.

peterqd wrote:
The sloping parts of a football or other stadium where spectators stand to watch are "the terraces".

Ah ok Smile In this case I think it's correct to speak of enbankment because this is not a stadium but the protection against river Po floods. The river is very near. As you can see the enbankment is very high in this point!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, if the embankment is for holding water back, it could also be called a "dyke" (which has another non-PC meaning!). There's a famous brass band in England called The Black Dyke Band, which has even worse connotations! Embarassed I think it's best to stick with embankment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:

Do you have a link to the event?
I think it's really possible that the dancers may come there if contacted: if you look at their curriculum

http://www.gruppodanzeantiche.it/curriculm.htm

they regularly go to Germany (Aalen) and once they also went to New York for the Columbus Day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Do you have a link to the event?

Here it is :
http://www.archeosite.be/index.php?view=en

It is a place called "The Aubechie Archeosite", 20 kms away from my home.

They have two major events : Beltaine's Fires end of June (pagan celebration of the summer, AKA Saint John's Eve) and The Experimental Archeological Days end of August.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, it's great to see that these events have a following also there. I see it's next week. Are you going to go there?

Here in the province of Parma too we celebrate the solstice tonight with St.John(23rd of June, St.John), what a coincidence!!

we do with the "Tortellata di San Giovanni". People meet and eat "tortelli di erbette" together.

This is "tortelli di erbette", or "malfatti" ("badly done"):
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/743/tort0cn.png
Alessandro you should make a better photo for them, they deserve it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice, it's great to see that these events have a following also there. I see it's next week. Are you going to go there?

If the weather is good *and* if the GF has no other project, I could go there ... with some MF lenses this time Wink

A few pics of August 2007 (Zenitar and Sigma 70-300 [focused manually])

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pictures for a AF lens I have to admit Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very good pictures for a AF lens I have to admit Laughing

Don't be tempted by the Dark Side of the Force, my friend ! Laughing I kept the Sigma but it is now replaced in my bag by a Tamron SP 60-300 recently acquired.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots, Jieffe!

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice serie Orio. Thanks for sharing.