Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best SLR camera experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Best SLR camera experience Reply with quote

to me Nikon FA , to you ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon F3 or Pentax 67. Hard to choose.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good experiences, I've only ever used cheap, old, beaten up gear that caused nothing but grief. Razz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Miranda D still does a wonderful job of fulfilling my need for an electronics-less 35mm camera with interchangeable viewfinders and the ability to use either Miranda or M42 lenses. I'm also a fan of the racheting advance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Pentax 67 wasn't inconvience due huge size ? I love Pentax 645 , but I always thought 6x7 SLR are behemots.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
The Miranda D still does a wonderful job of fulfilling my need for an electronics-less 35mm camera with interchangeable viewfinders and the ability to use either Miranda or M42 lenses. I'm also a fan of the racheting advance.

Once I will try it for sure, I heard lot of good things about Miranda cameras. I think best M42 camera what I did try and have it was Fujica DT-801.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
No good experiences, I've only ever used cheap, old, beaten up gear that caused nothing but grief. Razz

Actually, that's not true. My Minolta SRT 303 is excellent. Fully mechanical. very good viewfinder and focusing screen and it works so smoothly it makes me think the original owner only put a couple of films through it and then locked it up in an airtight safe for almost 40 years. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm equivalent of a woman choosing clothes/shoes/handbag and Laughing whatever in that I choose a camera (well two) and lenses from my collection, for a shoot for a day/week or so.
My new selection for holiday is a change from last year of Canon T70/lenses with Konica/Hexanon lenses to..... Canon T70 and M42 Pentax with 35mm flek and 135mm sonnar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:

Once I will try it for sure, I heard lot of good things about Miranda cameras. I think best M42 camera what I did try and have it was Fujica DT-801.

I have a Mirnada Sensorex, built like a tank, very heavy, superbly engineered, a great camera for it's era and still works perfectly. Lenses are the weak point, the 1.4/50 I have is excellent, the others are not so good, the 2.8/28 is not bad, but the 2.8/105 is crap, the others I have fal lbetween those two in quality, but all the lenses are very well made, remind me of Takumars in that aspect.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a great love for my Canon AE1P, then I got a Minolta XD7 which I hated to admit is a better camera. Then.....I got the Olympus OM1 which I'm beginning to like even better that the XD7. And if I'm in the mood for pure simplicity, then the Pentax S1a is hard to beat. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without any hesitation, since they came out: Minolta XE-1. I love that bulky, smooth working thing more then the XD7.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Atilla wrote:
Pentax 67 wasn't inconvience due huge size ? I love Pentax 645 , but I always thought 6x7 SLR are behemots.

The weight doesn't bother me until the third or fourth mile and then only if it's sunny. Yeah, it's heavy, but with a two-inch strap it's pretty well distributed across my shoulders. It takes a bit of getting used to, but is lighter than a laptop in a backpack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SPF, Voigtlander Bessaflex TM and Canon EOS 1N - but not necessarily in that order! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander vsl1 tm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine was moving house and sent me a text saying he had a pair of cameras he wanted to give to a good home. I collected them gratefully. The Halina 35X looked very pretty but was broken (doesn't wind on properly), but the dusty old Praktica Nova with the Tessa lens worked perfectly. I put an old, out of date Jessops roll in, read up on "Sunny 16" exposure calculation, and went for a walk on a sunny day with big interesting clouds. In a couple of hours I had finished the film, convinced I would have got all the exposures wrong. The next day I had the film developed and scanned to CD. The results were beyond my wildest dreams! Beautiful colours and nicely sharp. plus a few of my compositions worked well.

I live in hope that I can feel that satisfaction again soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always like the Contax 137MA, but for sheer enjoyment, my current fave
is the Nikkormat FT2.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like my Konicas - FP-1, FT-1, FS-1, the FT-1 is possibly my fave.

I also really like my Pentax MV1 and Zenit 412.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go with the Contax AX. LOVE the weight and superb engineering, and the auto-focus has always been
surprisingly efficient! And of course, the Yashica ML and Zeiss lens capabilities never hurt a thing.

Part of it is because I had such good results from the very first roll in the AX. Smile I will be finding a replacement
for the stolen AX as soon as I am able.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Canon A1 and love my Maxxum 7000 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For practicality, with excellent meter, Av + M, AE lock, and chosen aperture, metered
aperture and shutter speed all in the viewfinder together, it has to be the Minolta X-500.

For joy of use, solid feel, quiet clicky shutter, real leather case and strap, and sheer
manufacturing quality it's the Pentax K2. The SPF comes close.

It's unfortunate the lenses for these aren't interchangable. I'd love to try the
beautiful Minolta 3.5/35-70 on the K2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
For practicality, with excellent meter, Av + M, AE lock, and chosen aperture, metered
aperture and shutter speed all in the viewfinder together, it has to be the Minolta X-500.

For joy of use, solid feel, quiet clicky shutter, real leather case and strap, and sheer
manufacturing quality it's the Pentax K2. The SPF comes close.

It's unfortunate the lenses for these aren't interchangable. I'd love to try the
beautiful Minolta 3.5/35-70 on the K2.

..and I'd like to know if there is a difference in image quality between macro and non macro versions of Minolta f3.5 35-70mm .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica FT-1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
..and I'd like to know if there is a difference in image quality between macro and non macro versions of Minolta f3.5 35-70mm .

That's a good question - I've always assumed they're the same optically, but not having the non-macro version I can't say for certain. I've just aquired a Minolta lens catalogue, I'll see if I can dig anything up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax RTSIII and Contax N1 (my absolute favorite)

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

That's a good question - I've always assumed they're the same optically, but not having the non-macro version I can't say for certain. I've just aquired a Minolta lens catalogue, I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Well, it tells me is that the optical formula is identical - 8 elements in 7 groups. There aren't any diagrams. The macro version was introduced in 1983, two years after the non-macro. Apart from being 3mm longer and 10g heavier, the only difference is the minimum focus distance - 0.8m against 1m. In macro mode MFD at 1:4 is about 15cm.