Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best SLR camera experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
peterqd wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
..and I'd like to know if there is a difference in image quality between macro and non macro versions of Minolta f3.5 35-70mm .

That's a good question - I've always assumed they're the same optically, but not having the non-macro version I can't say for certain. I've just aquired a Minolta lens catalogue, I'll see if I can dig anything up.

Well, it tells me is that the optical formula is identical - 8 elements in 7 groups. There aren't any diagrams. The macro version was introduced in 1983, two years after the non-macro. Apart from being 3mm longer and 10g heavier, the only difference is the minimum focus distance - 0.8m against 1m. In macro mode MFD at 1:4 is about 15cm.

Thanks....that's good news as I have the non macro version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've posted in here yet...

By far my favourite film body is the Original EOS 1.

Can be picked up for pocket change, built like a brick outhouse, and the Controls are easy to figure out. I have no idea how many Rolls I've had through it, but I suspect it's easily over 2K.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used a Nikon FE, Nikon F80, Spotmatic, and a Maxxum 7000. For me the best is the FE. It's light, has a big bright viewfinder, and has aperture priority auto exposure for grab shots. And all mf nikkors can be used on it. It's cheap too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax 139. Works like a clock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

You have to wind it up??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

You have to wind it up??

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

You have to wind it up??

No, it's Quartz. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM1 for best, Voigtlander Ultramatic for worst !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an ultramatic CS. It came with the zoomar that was my really purchase. Never have had any problemith it mechanical automatism. It had the original eye cup!!! Only the shutter firing was........a gun.
Rino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rino ! Yes - it certainly went THWOCK when you pressed the release Very Happy

Maybe I'm being a bit unkind to Mr Voigtlander's finest creation . . . Surely the Kowa E was far worse - nearly as much THWOCK and nearly none of the quality !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
peterqd wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

You have to wind it up??

No, it's Quartz. Smile

Laughing

Not really a silly suggestion though!
http://www.shutterbug.com/content/clockwork-cameras-wind-advance-through-time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either a Pentax LX or MX, I cannot make my mind up. The LX has all the features one could want, but the simplicity of the MX and its seemingly huge viewfinder are very appealing. Also, the LX's shutter makes a real "kerrr-chinggggg!" noise when fired whereas the MX is a much nicer and quieter sound.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best full manual: Pentax Spotmatis SPii
Best manual focus: Canon T90
Best AF: The Canon EOS 50

If I have to pick just one, then the T90.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Minolta XD-7 to death. But I could definitely work with a Srt 101 or 202. I love the metal, super clunky camera's. Not a big fan of plastic, especially the cheap plastic they started using in the 80's.

The other SLR that would probably be amazing would be the Spotmatic SPII. Never shot with one, but it just looks incredibly nice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TijmenDal wrote:
I love my Minolta XD-7 to death. But I could definitely work with a Srt 101 or 202. I love the metal, super clunky camera's. Not a big fan of plastic, especially the cheap plastic they started using in the 80's.

The other SLR that would probably be amazing would be the Spotmatic SPII. Never shot with one, but it just looks incredibly nice.

All the spotmatics are beautiful cameras but the SPII is particularily nice to use. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon FM2, sturdy, excellent mechanical feel and classical control layout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Nikon FM2, sturdy, excellent mechanical feel and classical control layout

I totally agree, I also had an FM and an FE all very nice cameras and they got some punishment. But the FM2 had the edge.

My current fave cos I've had some great pics is Nikkormat ftn. Body cost me a tenner.

Obvious water damage inside, battery flat but cleaned up works like a treat! Its a black one with some nice shiny brass showing at all the edges. It weighs a ton but feels like a proper camera!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Best full manual: Pentax Spotmatis SPii
Best manual focus: Canon T90
Best AF: The Canon EOS 50

If I have to pick just one, then the T90.

Martin, I've heard in a general way that the T90 might just be one of the best film cameras
ever made, especially for its functions. What is there about it that puts it at your favorite?
I'm simply curious. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon 1V is also excellent.