Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best EXA-EOS adapter !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Best EXA-EOS adapter ! Reply with quote

I have just received an EXA-EOS adapter that I bought from seller cam.plus in Hong Kong:

http://myworld.ebay.it/cam.plus/

It has FA chip, it reaches infinity focus no problem, and most of all, it locks lens perfectly! Not only better than my previous exa-eos adapter (which did not lock at all), but also better than any other bayonet adapter I have ever used.

It is not cheap, but it is an absolutely recommended purchase if you own an Exakta lens that you treasure.
From not on, this adapter is sitting permanently on my Biotar 75 Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Sorry Orio. Works probably only with German lenses. Doesn't work with Angenieux, Komura, Kilfitt. Mirror issue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
Got it. Sorry Orio. Works probably only with German lenses. Doesn't work with Angenieux, Komura, Kilfitt. Mirror issue

Are you sure it is the adapter's fault? Because usually mirror clearing issue is because of the lens shape.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio
I looked at this adapter and I do not believe that it will accept Topcor lenses. Topcor RE Auto lenses have a pin to advise the camera of the chosen aperture that sits approximately 2,5mm from the edge of the mount. There is no corresponding groove on this adapter. I recently returned a very similar adapter for this reason

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried lenses as follow:
1/ Komura 2.3/135
2/ Kilfitt Makro Killar D 2.8/45
3/ Angenieux 1.8/90 Type P1
4/ Angenieux 2.5/35 Retrofocus Type R1
5/ Angenieux 3.5/135 Type Y2
Adapter with above lenses doesn't work, all pins are removed from the mount of the lenses.
Adapter works with lenses:
1/ Tessar 2.8/50
2/ Biotar (chrome -black) 2/5.8cm
3/ Sonnar Olympia 2.8/180 (my guess this is copy of Olympia - the same details compare to this one Click here to see on Ebay except design of tripod mount and focal length - mine is in mm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Voytek but what you mean with "works"?
Because one thing is what Patrick wrote (about the adapter not having the correct shape to mount Topcon lenses)
and another thing is what you write, because if you removed all the pins, making the back of lens able to mount the adapter, if the lens does not clear the mirror, it can not be the fault of the adapter, because if the adapter somehow was the cause, then no lens would clear the mirror with that adapter on. Instead, some lenses do. Therefore, simple logic says that the clearing issue is due to the shape of those lenses which don't clear, not to the adapter which is a common denominator for all the lenses (those that clear mirror and those that don't)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"works" means in this situation that adapter allows to work without any problems. Doesn't. This is not your fault. This is not "lens fault" regardless any kind of mount shape. All those lens which I pointed in my previous posts are working perfect with Exacta cameras. The only issue regarding entire situation is the auction description, not at all your post that this is a high quality adapter. AF Confirm EXAKTA / Topcon Lens to Canon EOS EF Adapter gives clear information. This information is not 100% true. There is not single warning about exceptions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second and third pictures in this link show the pin referred to above on the Topcor lenses very clearly:

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jore0902/13529730

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best EXA-EOS adapter ! Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I have just received an EXA-EOS adapter that I bought from seller cam.plus in Hong Kong:

http://myworld.ebay.it/cam.plus/

It has FA chip, it reaches infinity focus no problem, and most of all, it locks lens perfectly! Not only better than my previous exa-eos adapter (which did not lock at all), but also better than any other bayonet adapter I have ever used.

It is not cheap, but it is an absolutely recommended purchase if you own an Exakta lens that you treasure.
From not on, this adapter is sitting permanently on my Biotar 75 Very Happy

Bought an adaptor from them (to 4/3 for use on my Oly) but the quality is really bad, the locking mechanism does not lock in on my Biotar 75mm. The locking clamp is about .5mm off. No reaction on my complaint from the seller. Guess I have to rework it myself. A well known issue with China products, the quality control can be really bad....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Best EXA-EOS adapter ! Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Bought an adaptor from them (to 4/3 for use on my Oly) but the quality is really bad, the locking mechanism does not lock in on my Biotar 75mm.

The lock on my Biotar 75 is rock-solid. By far the best lock I have on all my adapters, including Nikkor adapters which are usually the best locking ones.
Maybe the 4/3 adapter is built differently from the EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,

well either it is a different design or simply out of a batch of bad ones. This happens a lot in series production. They make 50 or 100 or so at one time and when nearly sold make another batch. Then they often forget to make quality check for the second batch and these might be off fractions of milimeters....