Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Be short in a tall men's world...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Be short in a tall men's world... Reply with quote

... and you'll miss the show: Sad

(M9, Biogon 2/35)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool shot! And the facial expression of the kid really meets the message of the photo!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny shot!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
And the facial expression of the kid really meets the message of the photo!

yes, I am very happy of the photo for this reason Smile
I think we all remember when we were little and were in front of tall adults so we could not see something, how frustrating it did feel.
I think I captured that spontaneous feeling which I something that I consider a great result for a photographer. Of course I was very lucky. But I am also happy with the composition, it was a bit "risky" to cut the subject that way (nobody would cut that way, normally), but in this specific situation I think that the cut helps to convey the message with more strenght.
Also the main subject confined in the corner is an extreme choice but works perfect in this situation because it symbolizes that she's being "left in a corner", that is, left out of the show. But here I confess that this was not a reasoned choice, it happened that way, luckily Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if grayscale would serve the image better, by removing that "sweetness" factor that colour always brings in. What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one! indeed the weather is much better than here
from the angle of capture, you don't seem to be much taller than the little girl Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't be better ! Excellent capture!