Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back from the desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Back from the desert Reply with quote

Hi. I've been away for aweek or so in the Big Bend of Texas desert. Here's a bit of a first try at astrophotography from there, the Milkey way at midnight looking west.

Jules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Isn't it sad that in our age we must go to deserts or mountaintops in order to photograph the night sky? Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Cool.
Isn't it sad that in our age we must go to deserts or mountaintops in order to photograph the night sky? Sad

Yes, interesting that you should mention this. I went to the desert with my oldest friend, Bob Thompson. Bob has been extremely active in the fight against light pollution. His reports and pictures have been used by the Island of Malta and in your country in attempting to do something about the light pollution issue.

Malta has now changed its policy and all new street and commercial lighting must be down-casted or “pointed” correctly. I don’t know how far Italy has pursued the issue but I do know that it’s in motion there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
I don’t know how far Italy has pursued the issue but I do know that it’s in motion there.

This must be ranked in Berlusconi's agenda about as high priority as trimming the national parks' squirrels nails. Sad