Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn in Hamburg
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Autumn in Hamburg Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I got myself a Sigma 70-210 f2.8. Here are some pictures of Hamburg in Autumn! Most at f4 but some at f2.8 and with just minor post processing like a little contrast and some leveling! No sharpening!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, but, where is Hamburg? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Germany... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Smile I meant, I can see part of a villa and a car (American), then vegetation, a bike and a bird Smile No city Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it nice how not city like a city can be?

Those pictures are made in Elmsbüttel, more or less in the middle of Hamburg!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of the car isn't too bad, but some of the others look very thin and pale to me. Either they're slightly over-exposed or they need a little more contrast and/or saturation. I guess the weather in Hamburg is similar to here, damp and overcast and no good for nice bright pictures, so I don't want to be harsh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, I think it's the lens. I used to get the same type of pictures when I used Sigma zooms: very sharp (no complaints about that), but bland in contrast and with a blueish veil when there was a backlight situation.
I used to have 3 autofocus Sigma zooms, all gave this type of pictures, as a result, I sold all three of them.

@ Karhallarn: yes, city parks can really be misleading about the location. It's just that having read 'Hamburg', and being a fan of street photography, I was hoping to see a bit of city life Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@peterqd: I allready added some contrast as you are right it was an overcast day! On my Monitor they looking to hefty when applying some more contrast! On what settings did you calibrate yours? Maybe that's the reason!

@Orio: Street Photography will be coming more as soon as the weather get's better! Those are just some pics on my way to work!

Those Sigma zooms indeed lack contrast but I like the sharpness and contrast is something I can ad later!

Consider this: I paid 76€ for this lens, it's sharp and I'm doing post processing anyway! Wink