Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"aus Jena"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: "aus Jena" Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I strongly recommend to choose "aus Jena" lenses over the same models "Carl Zeiss Jena".

Orio, are you talking about this lens ? Smile

I have found it as really good performer...Smile and I got it for 60 GBP incl. shipping and it's brand new...

great rendition, sharp, chromatic aberration under control...

thanks..

tf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the two versions of Pancolar, aus Jena and C.Z.Jena, as you can see:

And I was asking abot the aus jena 50/1,8..... Embarassed

Rino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I was asking abot the aus jena 50/1,8.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about just 'Jena' without 'aus'? I have a alum body Sonnar 4/135 that says just Jena S?

Others that I have are either Carl Zeiss Jena or aus Jena.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
What about just 'Jena' without 'aus'? I have a alum body Sonnar 4/135 that says just Jena S?

It's also Carl Zeiss Jena
the S stands for Sonnar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't put that clearly. Orio, would just 'Jena' be included in your proposition or only those with 'aus Jena"?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
I guess I didn't put that clearly. Orio, would just 'Jena' be included in your proposition or only those with 'aus Jena"?

Well, I am not the holder of truth, but I guess I can say safely that whatever Carl Zeiss Jena lens that does not sport the "Carl Zeiss" name over it, is a lens destined to the western market, and there fore, with a higher possibility of being a good copy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:

Others that I have are either Carl Zeiss Jena or aus Jena.

Before the brand dispute was settled, there was no "aus Jena". From some time in the sixties to the early seventies, CZJ branded lenses were domestic, COMECON (but frequently reexported to western grey markets) or world exports, "Jena" were official exports to West Germany, the EC and any other places where West German Zeiss succeded at enforcing their brand. The S means it is a Sonnar type (T is Tessar, B Biometar, and there presumably were more which I never owned).

Sevo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Orio"][quote="bawang"]I guess I didn't put that clearly. Orio, would just 'Jena' be included in your proposition or only those with 'aus Jena"?[/quote]
Well, I am not the holder of truth, but I guess I can say safely that whatever Carl Zeiss Jena lens that does not sport the "Carl Zeiss" name over it, is a lens destined to the western market, and there fore, with a higher possibility of being a good copy.[/quote]

I'm not as sure as you are. The west germany, who made a Pentacon cameras, was revolucionary with the LTL model. After, to prevent that the East can know the "west" technology, the west "was late" in the tecnology way.I believe that the west was to favour it of in very much than to export.
Then I doubt that they have put his major effort in exporting.
Of course, it's only a history theory.
Rino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Orio wrote:
bawang wrote:

Well, I am not the holder of truth, but I guess I can say safely that whatever Carl Zeiss Jena lens that does not sport the "Carl Zeiss" name over it, is a lens destined to the western market, and there fore, with a higher possibility of being a good copy.

I'm not as sure as you are. The west germany, who made a Pentacon cameras, was revolucionary with the LTL model. After, to prevent that the East can know the "west" technology, the west "was late" in the tecnology way.I believe that the west was to favour it of in very much than to export.
Then I doubt that they have put his major effort in exporting.
Of course, it's only a history theory.
Rino

Rino, Pentacon also made by East Germans and Pentacon was the worst thing for them after they established Pentacon Gmbh quality was lower than before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Attila, you are wright.

But this not change that I doubt that the west had put his major effort in exporting. It's seem to me that the massive history lern to us this economic lesson.

Regards, Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rino,
the Jena factory desperately needed the money of the western market. They had to send the best lenses there, because in the east, there was no market economy and no competition, while in the west, you had to be better than the others in order to sell your products.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason was very simply , communist countries had to earn us dollars to buy "bananas" for people and buy luxury items for communist party leaders Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Reason was very simply , communist countries had to earn us dollars to buy "bananas" for people and buy luxury items for communist party leaders Wink

Where do you belong Attila? You collection may indicate you belonging to the later group. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I was on "bananas" side I started to collect lenses only 2-3 yrs before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, it only takes you 2-3 years to move from bananas to party leaders. Probably, you will fall into the Czar category in another 2 -3 years.

On a serious note, you collection is amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It was easy at the beginning before mflenses.com was born, local photoshop was full with unsellable old lenses. I bought all under 70 USD and tested them to inform people, now case is changed well a good lenses not sit much time on shelf.

A have some rare item for sure I have luck to find them and some amazing people who is supported me and allowed to buy or/and trade with me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious economists of east side, said that the old west (not far) didn't find the mode of compatibilize your own necessity with your own policy, and the last was win, "the best at home" was a negative policy that closed-doors to the world. That was the principle that did the west went to closed market. The end of the western life. Nobody could change this principle.
Specially lens for "specially" people IN the west? This not be contrariety to the economical history. Well, all from the west's history is little know yet.

An then, I want aus jena lenses! Wink

Rino.