Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

at the farmers market
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: at the farmers market Reply with quote

threscher

old Lanz working as stationary engine ( 10.5 L, 1 Zyl., 55HP )

tie cords

corn dust and exhaust mixture

maintenance break

all pictures with Nikon and Leica 100mm 2.8 Apo apertures between 4 and 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one, fantastic image quality.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Nice reportage and agree with that.....it seems to be a little bit back focused (visible on the large version when you click on the picture) Question
To be honest with you, I find the rest of the serie quite disappointing Embarassed ...the leica apo 2.8/100 can provide some much more "crispy" images even wide open and without any PP...maybe the light condition is the reason??? Which Nikon cam have you use for this serie?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pich900"]
Orio wrote:

Nice reportage and agree with that.....it seems to be a little bit back focused (visible on the large version when you click on the picture) Question

Agree it does look a little back focused but nice shot anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to all for your comments

no need to excuse if you do not agree with the result, any serious (or funny) comment is welcome
backfocus - on the first picture i assume - this guy was stumpling around in the soft ground, so my only chance was to take the letters on the thresher as focus layer. Interesting for me is, that the first picture is the one i didn´t want to show, but took it to give an impression of the guys job - i thought its is one of the worse of my series...but you never know
the pictures show the true weather and light conditions, it was for a moment sunny, then light rain and always lot of steam, dust, exhaust, sometimes i had to turn my back to the machines to secure camera and lens and so many people, that it was impossible to find a "good" position. I only sharpened and increased black ( cam is D 700 )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.
I like the way you present it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice Thomas, reminds me at the long gone days at the farm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Hoan and Klaus
it is real "old Life" and they need the most of the Lanz 55HP to start the threscher, beeing in movement it runs with 1/3 to 1/2 power