Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apo ronar 9/150 & 9/240 on bellows_first test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Apo ronar 9/150 & 9/240 on bellows_first test shots Reply with quote

Hi!
Just some quick test shots with these two great Rodenstock enlarger lenses mount on bellows.
wide open (f/9 Rolling Eyes ) with almost no PP, first one with the 150mm and the other one's with the 240mm...:
1/

2/

3/

4/

Quite difficult to focuss with DSL-R on bellows because the lenses are quite slow so Live view is a great help!
Both lenses are amazing sharp wide open so don't need to stop down and perfect to use for proxi/macro shots...

Thanks for looking Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what made you believe that, but these two (great) lenses were NEVER intended as enlarger lenses, rather than being designed as repro lenses.

Great shots that certainly shows some of their inherent capabilities. That tiny little Apo Ronar 15mm is a special fav lens of mine and #1 is a wonderful example for that - Congrats!

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=216

Oh well, another secret out and about... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb rose, great sharp pics
have you check if they are APO with CA
to reach infinity with the 240, how far do you set the bellow ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Not sure what made you believe that, but these two (great) lenses were NEVER intended as enlarger lenses, rather than being designed as repro lenses.

Great shots that certainly shows some of their inherent capabilities. That tiny little Apo Ronar 15mm is a special fav lens of mine and #1 is a wonderful example for that - Congrats!

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail.php?ObjektiveNr=216

Oh well, another secret out and about... Wink

Thanks Klaus for your com!
Well, I must admit as a newbie I am, that I have no idea about the difference between Enlarger and Repro lenses, shame on mee Embarassed ....but luckily is Dr Klaus here to raise a little bit my photographic knowledge Very Happy .....
Mine lenses are far to be in the same state as yours (and looks different BTW!) and I don't have any box or caps.....but I got it for almost free with some other Enlarger (or repro Very Happy ) lenses so I'm very happy with it Very Happy !

poilu wrote:
superb rose, great sharp pics
have you check if they are APO with CA
to reach infinity with the 240, how far do you set the bellow ?

Thanks also Poilu! With my short experience with this lens, it seems to be completly CA free but I did not have time yet to realy check that at 100%! And I will say about 20cm to reach infinity....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !
What a crispy rose !!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Apo ronar 9/150 & 9/240 on bellows_first test shots Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:

Shocked Shocked
amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I find it also quite amazing ....
an other one the same day, same subject but other colour Very Happy
(click on the image for higher resolution...)