Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone Had a Vivitar 400mm Preset Lens Apart?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Anyone Had a Vivitar 400mm Preset Lens Apart? Reply with quote

A friend gave me one but it arrived in pieces. Totally taken apart and no idea how it came apart. Took a needle file and a magnifying glass to figure why the helical wouldn't go back together. Got the front end finished but would like more info on the rear. I figure if I get this one right the 135 f/3.5 preset I received messed up should be easier to do. This is a pristine lens that only needed cleaning and the lady who gave it to me just got in over her head. I wanted one for my collection and here it is...if I can get it back together. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Had a Vivitar 400mm Preset Lens Apart? Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
A friend gave me one but it arrived in pieces. Totally taken apart and no idea how it came apart. Took a needle file and a magnifying glass to figure why the helical wouldn't go back together. Got the front end finished but would like more info on the rear. I figure if I get this one right the 135 f/3.5 preset I received messed up should be easier to do. This is a pristine lens that only needed cleaning and the lady who gave it to me just got in over her head. I wanted one for my collection and here it is...if I can get it back together. LOL

That's a real puzzle and not the jigsaw ones Wink
Good luck!

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone Had a Vivitar 400mm Preset Lens Apart? Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

That's a real puzzle and not the jigsaw ones Wink
Good luck!

Jes.

Well I do know what it is supposed to look like anyway....the functionality is maybe a different thing though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could post a picture of how the lens looks now, and what parts need to be fitted? A picture still says more than 1000 words Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Maybe you could post a picture of how the lens looks now, and what parts need to be fitted? A picture still says more than 1000 words Wink

Now I'm being called a motor mouth!LOL I'll do that as soon as I can...but I think I got a bit of a jandle on it last night. Only one small piece to find it's home and it may not even go with this lens. As it is a T2 mount I'll have to dig out my T2 to K mount adapter from the junk pile....Maybe...Kinda like Fibber McGee's closet in there! For those who do not know of Fibber McGee and Molly and their hall closet...go here...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGC68YcwM