Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone else have a Tamron SP 300mm f/2.8 LD (IF) 60B?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I'm well set up to knock out short plates from alu stock if anyone needs one. Acts as balancer on a tripod, palm rest/grip, keeps the focus ring off a bean bag.

Some more with my 60B + 014F tc on my pentax K5. Off to try with my just acquired K3-ii tomorrow!!

Interesting does that piece also make it easier to fit on certain tripod heads? The tripod\head combo I have(mentioned in my first post) makes it impossible to use the lens with it. Right now I have been shooting hand-held or via a poor-mans Tiltall monopod. Gear shots by the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(as an aside oheuston , no point in duplicating all the pics when quoting, only takes a moment to highlight and delete the image bb code, just st that bugs me a bit eg the triplication of the adaptall lens pics, just laziness basically..)

Well looking at the manfrotto head spec online its not clear to me why it doesn't work for you with this lens, although I can see that weight balance could easily be an issue with a ball head like this. Actually I use a 484rc2 (could do with a more substantial one) on my monopod but that 's a bit different usage. If it's a matter of displacing or spacing off the ball head then a plate like this can certainly be an answer. Note that balance wise a plate can get you sorted when horizontal but as soon as the lens is tilted the lens is again front or rear heavy, unlike a gimbal. Still beneficial though.

PS also see my pics of plates in tamron 200-500mm thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
(as an aside oheuston , no point in duplicating all the pics when quoting, only takes a moment to highlight and delete the image bb code, just st that bugs me a bit eg the triplication of the adaptall lens pics, just laziness basically..)

Well looking at the manfrotto head spec online its not clear to me why it doesn't work for you with this lens, although I can see that weight balance could easily be an issue with a ball head like this. Actually I use a 484rc2 (could do with a more substantial one) on my monopod but that 's a bit different usage. If it's a matter of displacing or spacing off the ball head then a plate like this can certainly be an answer. Note that balance wise a plate can get you sorted when horizontal but as soon as the lens is tilted the lens is again front or rear heavy, unlike a gimbal. Still beneficial though.

Sure, I can delete the images next time, sorry about that. I also wish this site had multi-quote capability.

The plate would help me, the manfrotto head I have and the way the collar on the lens is, the lens does not fit correctly. I will have to take a picture to illustrate what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oheuston wrote:
I also wish this site had multi-quote capability.

It can, it's just not built in. Takes a bit of copy/paste is all. To wit:

marcusBMG wrote:

See? Two quotes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
oheuston wrote:
I also wish this site had multi-quote capability.

It can, it's just not built in. Takes a bit of copy/paste is all. To wit:

marcusBMG wrote:

See? Two quotes.

Sure, I could have done that, but that would mean extra work: ) That is kind of like when I was on forums a long time ago. Several sites these days have updated, there is a multi-quote button.