Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anybody uses a Durst 605BW / 670BW? / Modular 70 BW for 6x6?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Anybody uses a Durst 605BW / 670BW? / Modular 70 BW for 6x6? Reply with quote

Hey there,

is anyody using a 605/670/m70 condensor enlarger for 6x6?

I got a problem with my 670 bw when enlarging 6x6:

this is a 40-50% crop from print, upper right corner, left normal, right with increased contrast.

There a brighter spot in the corner, caused by the numbers printed onto the Ilford Multigrade filters. they become more apparent when going to larger magnification ratios and/or stopping down the lens. (at about 40x40 cm and f/22 i can clearly read the number). Focus is exactly on the Film plane.

Rotation the filter by 90° just changes the corner the number appears in.

So I wonder, if I'm doing anything wrong, or is my enlarger needs adjustment, or maybe it's the lens' fault? (Rodagon 80/5.6 zebra)

If someone of you got a Durst 605/670/m70 condensor head (I think they all use the same Siriocon 80 for 6x6) could you please check if this happens to you, too?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t have this particular enlarger, but I would check proper size and positioning of filters. This is not a normal behaviour.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
I don´t have this particular enlarger, but I would check proper size and positioning of filters. This is not a normal behaviour.

The filter size matches the filter drawer perfectly, with about 1mm in each direction spare. I can ease the problem slightly by pulling the filter drawer out about 1mm, if it's more i start to see the borders of the filter drawer in the image. Still, this is the intended position for the filters, and no matter how i rotate them, i will always get a light corner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, maybe missing condenser lens? I must admit that my knowledge ends here, as I haven´t experienced such a problem :/

maybe folks on APUG could help you Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try adjusting the lamp up and down so it is properly centered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an apug member confirmed the same behavior on a m605. I guess i have to buy a new set of filters and cut them so there won't be any numbers left. The previous owner only used the enlarger for 135, so we probably didn't give a thought about the numbers when cutting the filters to size.

Oh well, at least there's nothing broken Smile

thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an M605, I bought Ilford filters that are larger than 6x6, and cut them with scissors, leaving out the white numbers. Smile