Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An article on lens and camera variation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: An article on lens and camera variation Reply with quote

Interesting reading for us pixel peepers:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2011/10/notes-on-lens-and-camera-variation

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never read so much inconstancy in a single page Laughing
Quote:
Oh, and back to the people who wanted one of the top 3 copies: when I tested two of those repeatedly, I never again got numbers quite as good as those first numbers shown on the graph

Last edited by poilu on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The articels at LensRentals for me are similar to those by Rockwell: pretty entertaining and not scientific. That's the way we should look at them...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have the technical knowledge to judge the article, but I have some experience with lenses and I think that copy variation can be a real issue with many lenses, but it's not possible to generalize it for every lens, because there are some quality makers who are able to keep the copy to copy performance fluctuations to a very small minimum, whereas other companies are really inconsistent in their production.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite surprized to see such large deviations for the same lens; I wonder how older Contax Zeiss lenses would have performed, as Zeiss Oberkochen was testing every single lens at that time - might be different now after having production outsourced to Cosina.