Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Vista 200, Olympus OM10, Zuiko f1.8/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Agfa Vista 200, Olympus OM10, Zuiko f1.8/50mm Reply with quote

We had a day visiting two sites connected with the 1862 New Hartley Pit disaster. The Memorial Garden (the site of the shaft) has had a new pathway laid with all the names of the dead plus some words concerning the incident. St Albans Church yard is where most of the victims were buried.

New Hartley Memorial Path (204 Men and Boys) by skida, on Flickr

New Hartley Memorial Path (Dear Sarah) by skida, on Flickr
A partial quote from a message from a victim scratched on the lid of a charge box: "Friday pm Dear Sarah I leave you"

St Albans, Earsdon by skida, on Flickr

St Albans, Earsdon. Doorway by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting shots and VG results from:- camera, lens and film that are very cheap to buy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Excalibur. I find myself reaching for the OM10 much more often nowadays as it is nice handling and the results satisfy me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, beautiful church! The garden path is a very interesting photographic subject.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio. I am very happy with this Vista film. The colours are good and the grain is quite fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine results ,I like the colors and tones . Very good rendering of textures .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go back to that path and photograph it again this time with people near it.
That would be an interesting contrast.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Teo.

Orio wrote:
I'd go back to that path and photograph it again this time with people near it.
That would be an interesting contrast.

I don't have people in the shot, Orio, but I do have more of the surroundings in this shot. The square structure is the top of the shaft and the round one was a shallow ventilation shaft but, unfortunately, did not go all the way down to the level the miners were trapped on.

Hester Pit Shaft Head, New Hartley by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting location Skida, thanks for sharing.

I am getting the following vision in mind after seeing this photo: I can envision young people, possibly the sons and daughters, or grand-sons and grand-daughters, of the people died,
sitting along the path, as a stream of life that continues alongside with the memory of their (grand)parents.

I realize that it would be a difficult thing to stage, but it's a very strong powerful image I have in my mind,
I would be delighted to realize it with a photograph.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I realize that it would be a difficult thing to stage

Unfortunately, due to the number of fathers AND sons killed in this tragedy, just about impossible. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good pictures..
The words on path make me speechless..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrilling ...