Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[AF] Rainbow at Niagara Falls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: [AF] Rainbow at Niagara Falls Reply with quote

This is a stitched panorama of a rainbow at Niagara Falls. I used my new (to me) 40D and my trusty EF 18-55 IS lens. This lens is wider than any of my manual focus lenses and it gives great results on the 40D. I used 4 portrait oriented photos at 18mm and stitched them together in Hugin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great panorama, magical!

ps: reference other than photography related are not allowed in signature
http://forum.mflenses.com/signature-line-t28460.html
Quote:
In order for something to become clean, something else must become dirty. (Imbesi's Law of Conservation of Filth)

Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. (Psalm 51:2-3)

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an amazing shot, or rather several... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot ! Were you on the American side of the falls?
You were in my neck of the woods, if you were driving from Michigan over I-90 to the Falls you came within 1.5 miles of my house in Pennsylvania. Small world.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbshooter wrote:
Nice shot ! Were you on the American side of the falls?

Thank you all for your comments. I was on the American side of the falls, but only because I let my passport expire earlier this year. Embarassed

We did drive back on I-90 on Memorial Day. It was pouring down buckets of rain as we drove through Cleveland, but otherwise it was a nice drive.

I am really impressed with the 40D that I just got. According to the shutter count software it has a little more than 15,000 shutter actuations, which is a little less than what I estimate I have put on the refurbished Rebel XT (350D) that I bought from Canon less than two years ago. The 40D takes great photographs, and does some things easier than the XT and other things are harder. I am still on the learning curve, but I am liking what I see so far.

I will post more Manual Focus photos as I get more comfortable with the camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky, lucky capture what a great place. I was shocked how falls deep inside in city. I did imagine natural environment around Niagara , big trees etc.