Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for contax G idea
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Adapter for contax G idea Reply with quote

I know someone using this adapter and as I remember he is very happy with it.

I think it is the contax G that has no aperture ring.. Wouldn't this be nice, but expensive.

http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapter for what camera, Ron?
It would be wasted effort to make an expensive adapter for a reflex camera, because Contax G lenses are rangefinder and you will only be able to focus to a few centimetres away.
To use those lenses on a reflex camera you would need a total rebuild of the lens inside a new barrel with aperture ring and focus helicoid.
Frankly speaking, with so many good relex lenses available, I can't see the point in defacing a Contax G lens in such an expensive way.
For the new micro 3/4 system, instead, that could be interesting, but again, with so many lenses available, why spend money and efforts to adapt the Contax G lenses? Use a normal Contax lens instead with the readily available adapters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you are talking about.

Alex mentioned the possibility of Contax-G to m4/3 adapter the other day.

16-9.net does sell Nikon-G to EOS adapter, this is not adaptable to
Contax-G lenses as you know. Their flange distance is too short for
SLRs, and they have no manual focus ring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my mistake. I didn't realize the G was a rangefinder. Again my unfamiliarity with these cameras. Embarassed