Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A mid-tele for landscape photography. Any suggestion?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool olivier, thanks a lot! another adapter/lens system i may be experimenting with, eh? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
very cool olivier, thanks a lot! another adapter/lens system i may be experimenting with, eh? Smile

Did you get the lens ? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@olivier: no i didnt get that one, though i do have my eye out for that, and also mir makes a 65mm in this mount, so maybe i get both to use with the adapter....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro? Available in many mounts and w/o the life size adapter, probably around $100 (here in the US anyhow). You get the added advantage of very close focus (1:2) which might me nice if you don't have a macro lens. The Tokina 90/2.5 (nickname "Bokina") has the same glass as I understand it. For landscape uses I prefer this to my Tak 85/1.8 which is also very good but probably more than you want to spend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i hadnt considered the viv, but i will...thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ntx wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Tons of suggestions! Smile

@lulalake: You mean the "Orestor", isn't it? Again an interesting lens (even if a little long), how it compares to the Trioplan?

Bye
Jenner

Yes,
I'm not sure as I don't have a Trioplan however it is extremely sharp. It seems as sharp as the Takumar 135 3.5.

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier: the Volna-3 samples are really nice... could you share a full size sample to take a look at the details?
If buy a pentacon six adapter for my pentax, should I care if the lens is for Kiev 60 or Kiev 88?

Using medium format normal lens is really attractive.

Bye
Jenner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ntx wrote:
Olivier: the Volna-3 samples are really nice... could you share a full size sample to take a look at the details?
If buy a pentacon six adapter for my pentax, should I care if the lens is for Kiev 60 or Kiev 88?

Using medium format normal lens is really attractive.

Bye
Jenner

Hello Jenner.

Yes you should take care with Kiev.
You must take Kiev-60. This is the one which is suitable with P6 mount, not the Kiev-80.

I'll prepare a set of few full size samples. In which format ? Canon Raw (.CR2), JPeg or Tiff ?
I'll upload them on filefront as soon as you tell me what format you prefer. Wink

CU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier: the jpeg format is enough if you don't use strong compressions. Thank you for the kindness.

Bye
Jenner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenner,

Done.
Shot with the Canon Eos 40D, a P6 adapter ring with AF confirm.
Adobe RVB.
Country shots : iso 250.
All others : iso 400.

Full size pictures with Exifs incorporated.
Conversion Raw to Jpeg directly from Digital Photo Professional with highest quality.

I made these shots to try the Volna-3 in different situations and at different apertures.
There are 18 pictures packed in a zip file weighting 110 Mo.

Here is the link : Volna-3

Enjoy. Very Happy