Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D stereo experiments with adapted MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Another "not for everyone's taste lens", the Okaya Optic Highkor 40 mm f/1.8:

Nice use of another lens with quirky bokeh. One could open a new thread in the DCC called BBBS - Busy bokeh is beautiful in stereo Smile. Also the second one is very Bosun Higgs-ish, to continue with cross fora relations.
Maybe I'll go out later on to take one or two of my long disdained busy bokeh lenses to create some similar stereos.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what I did with my big boy's toy!

A 50 foot or so conifer in my neighbour's garden had been dead but vertical for 20 years. Then a storm made it horizontal. So I used my chainsaw on it.

The ones from the base of the trunk are about 15 inches/45cm diameter, the others getting gradually slightly smaller. I had removed 4 tip ones earlier.

These were in deep shade but the shafts of sunlight produced extreme highlights, varying as to whether I was standing or kneeling. I reduced them in the first 2 images, perhaps affecting the greens.

The cut surfaces are cream the brown sections being soft and crumbled.

I just checked the weights of some of them. A typical one was 14kg and one of the larger ones 23kg.

A7r3, Laowa 10-18mm at 16, 18 & 18mm f11 ISO 5000.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laowa 10-18mm on A7r January 2019.

18mm at f8

15mm at f8

10mm at f11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Look what I did with my big boy's toy!

A 50 foot or so conifer in my neighbour's garden had been dead but vertical for 20 years. Then a storm made it horizontal. So I used my chainsaw on it.

The ones from the base of the trunk are about 15 inches/45cm diameter, the others getting gradually slightly smaller. I had removed 4 tip ones earlier.

These were in deep shade but the shafts of sunlight produced extreme highlights, varying as to whether I was standing or kneeling. I reduced them in the first 2 images, perhaps affecting the greens.

The cut surfaces are cream the brown sections being soft and crumbled.

I just checked the weights of some of them. A typical one was 14kg and one of the larger ones 23kg.

pics

NEXT:
from https://www.humboldtaxe.com/custome-axe-builds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

NEXT:

I have one of them too and a thicker log splitter. Not too good for shaping for the fire!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

NEXT:

img

I have one of them too and a thicker log splitter. Not too good for shaping for the fire!

I use 8-lb maul with fiberglass handle. Also have a really nice Japan-made 8-lb head, but broke the handle long ago been too lazy to shape a new one... And a Huskvarna hatchet around the wood stoves. Chainsaw is also a Husky -- I figure a company making sewing machines can also make a good chainsaw!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I figure a company making sewing machines can also make a good chainsaw!

I'll see what Singer offers! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
I figure a company making sewing machines can also make a good chainsaw!

I'll see what Singer offers! Very Happy
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

This one is very nice! I'm sure there are great opportunities for stereo-imagery in surroundings like that.

Weather is very hit or miss here, so I'm only able to take shots close to the house. Here's one with a Mamiya-Tominon 32 mm f/1.7:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

This one is very nice! I'm sure there are great opportunities for stereo-imagery in surroundings like that.

Thanks. The rippling surface of the water is problematic for stereos.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chainsaw taking the credit!

A7r3, Laowa 10-18mm at 18mm and f11 or f16 (some of each in original selection).

Deep shade required ISO 5000 but shafts of sunlight gave highlight burnout, somewhat moderated digitally.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! My bar is currently upside down too! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

There is no right way up. It can be turned over to combat wear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Yes it can be turned over, which I do regularly, but isn't right-side up when the lettering is upright?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Yes it can be turned over, which I do regularly, but isn't right-side up when the lettering is upright?

Perhaps the manufacturer would like you to think so. The bar is symmetrical. Perhaps it should have two sets of lettering?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Perhaps the manufacturer would like you to think so. The bar is symmetrical. Perhaps it should have two sets of lettering?

Well, I think so because I want to. Twisted Evil I know the bar is symetrical. And after the paint wears off I won't know which side is up. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Well, I think so because I want to. Twisted Evil I know the bar is symetrical. And after the paint wears off I won't know which side is up. LOL

Poser! Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Poser! Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

And suddenly we're on topic again https://www.posersoftware.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

And suddenly we're on topic again https://www.posersoftware.com/

Just the software I was lacking. Whoops, I don't photograph people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:

That one is great in terms of depth!

Unfortunately I don't have a chain saw, so I'll have to post another shot of a more modest gardening tool: Wink

(Fujinon EFC 108 mm f/5.6)