Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3D images done at Isola Bella / Isola Madre - Lago Maggiore
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: 3D images done at Isola Bella / Isola Madre - Lago Maggiore Reply with quote

... good only in stereo I would say...

Shot using a quite old lens designed around 1900 on my Lumix GH1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I view them on my 60" 3D tv but it doesn't look right, some part jump without logic
I guess the software is not compatible with the 1900 version

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which part jumps poilu?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

difficult to explain, in #2 there is like a hole in the garden, the tree is not in his place, parts of vegetation are not positioned correctly
maybe it is because pics are too small and don't fill the screen, I also have to try to switch right/left but now my daughter is looking Scooby-Doo:)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange indeed, they are all correctly aligned using my stereo photo software. The only thing I saw is a person that has moved in the garden image, but only distorts a little. Maybe a TV set is not the best to watch that, as these are scales down to 1280pix horizontally.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all work without problems for me.
Now my eyeballs hurt, but that's another matter. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them have a "3d" pop before I cross my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I used strong side light (if possible) to enhance the surface structure, so also single images have some "3D structure" even before watching it in stereo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a little play with the stereo window and a different crop, see the difference?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could see these in 3D. I've tried all the tricks, but it just doesn't work for me Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try parallel view, it works better for some... I'll make a LRL image of the last one, which allows parallel and crosseyed view, maybe that works... (left and middle are for crosseyed, middle and right one for parallel view)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they all work for me, excellent photos!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Roman!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all amazing! (But now my eyeballs also hurt!)

Being (very) colour blind, I have never really seen 3D images properly when viewing through those silly red/blue glasses. I'm yet to try cinema 3D with the polarizing glasses - seeing the effects with these pictures has made me want to give it a go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!
No problems here.
OK, I lied, I feel the beginning of a headache.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, try not to put strain on your eyes when watching and stop if you feel that. I'm used to watching and I have no strain at all, maybe after some hours. I can even watch crosseyed videos very well.